FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By thegirlnextdoor42
ok, so there's this really small spider that i have no clue where it came from, and it keeps making webs around my plants. Its really annoying having to take the webs out, and i dont know where it is. What should I do about it because i dont want there?
By linton
Make sure that it is actually a spider, not spider mites. Spider mites are really tiny and you can hardly see them with the naked eye - often they can be found hiding under the leaves out of the sunlight where they suck the sap from your plants. The first indication that you have mites is a very fine webbing around leaves & stalks and in advanced cases the leaves of your plant will begin to yellow and weaken. They tend to like dry climates and can be discouraged with frequent misting with water or a specific miticide.
If you really do have a little spider in you plant, you could wait until it gets clumsy and hopefully your trap will get it, otherwise you could try immersing your whole pot & plant in rainwater for 24 hours in order to drown it. Just don't forget to take your plant out!!!

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!