FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By x20villan02x
i ordered a 3 cp mystery box, and received a scarlet belle, a capensis alba, and im not sure what the last one is (i lost the tag) but its a pitcher its mostly green, and thinner than the belle. do pitchers do dormancy like the vfts? meaning can i do the fridge with them?
By sekler
Hey dude,

I couldn't tell you much regarding the sarracenia but someone like Matt could surely tell you which one you got.

For the dormancy, Matt doesn't sell heliamphoras to my knowledge, so you seem to have 2 sarracenias (most likely) which require dormancy. Drosera capensis don't need it however, they may slow down in growth though if the temperature and light get lower. 8-)
By Matt
x20villan02x wrote:do pitchers do dormancy like the vfts? meaning can i do the fridge with them?
Yes, Sarracenia require a dormancy just like Venus fly traps and all other North American carnivorous plants. I know people that use the fridge dormancy method with them as well.
By x20villan02x
ok good to hear. it just hit me to goto the store and look at the different sarracenias, and it has all the signs of a rubra lol. So in a couple months my fridge is going to full of vfts, and sarrs now :)

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!