FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
We will soon have some young Fang Venus Flytraps for sale at FlytrapStore.com, but we currently have no photos of Fang looking in good, characteristic form to use as a product image. I thought that perhaps one or more FlytrapCare Forum members might have a Fang Venus Flytrap in their collection and have a nice photo or two of it that they might allow us to use at the store, either with attribution ("photo by ...") or not.

So I thought I'd ask. :)

Steve
By tc3driver
I'll tell you what Steve... send me one and I'll photo it for you :lol:

Best of luck finding a photo :)
By Steve_D
tc3driver wrote:I'll tell you what Steve... send me one and I'll photo it for you
Thanks for the offer! :) Trouble is, all of ours are still the "young" size, so none of the Fang Flytraps in our greenhouses look as good right now as a mature one would.
By Oblivion
ill be more than happy to find you some nice pics steve.

"fang" is the most common VFT sold over here in retail outlets (my bunnings rescue's are all fang)

unfortunately mine are still a bit dormant, but ill see if i can find some from last season unless you want to wait a month for em to burst back into life (theyre currently flowering)

to be honest, they just look like a regular typical vft with long slim "eyelash" type teeth
By Oblivion
heres a couple from last season.

the one in the original small seedling pot, sitting on the window sill is the best fang pic i have at the moment.

edit: removed one pic.. i thought it was fang but remembered it was a #14 typical.

the other two pics have fang's tho

double edit: gotta love picnik.com, i rotated and cropped one of my images for you. complete with 3 half trapped bugs haha

its a pot of fang's, exactly how they arrived from bunnings. if you want some other angle, lighting or whatever please let me know more precisely what you require and ill be happy to snap away till we get you guys a winner.
Attachments:
fang.jpg
fang.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 5895 times
100_2361.jpg
100_2361.jpg (151.35 KiB) Viewed 5895 times
100_1075.jpg
100_1075.jpg (89.51 KiB) Viewed 5895 times
By Hayden
Also, Trev, owner of the carnivorous plant shop with all them clones from Ireland. He is bound to have some amazing pictures, im sure he'd be willing to share some with you. He's also a member of the CPUK.
By Steve_D
Thank you Oblivion and kaepora gaebora for the photos. If you can send the full size version of the photos (unscaled and unrotated) to steve@flytrapcare.com that would be great. If not, I can use these and I'm very grateful for them. Do either of you want attribution (your name to appear in the photo)? If so, just let me know.
By Oblivion
Steve_D wrote:Thank you Oblivion and kaepora gaebora for the photos. If you can send the full size version of the photos (unscaled and unrotated) to steve@flytrapcare.com that would be great. If not, I can use these and I'm very grateful for them. Do either of you want attribution (your name to appear in the photo)? If so, just let me know.
email sent.

no need for attribution, just sending me a tent sized Tshirt will suffice :lol: ;) (winks. im just kidding with ya)

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!