FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By mkburleson
Hello. We were just out in the greenhouse & a 'Cupped Trap' VFT is putting up a flower stalk. My husband is going to put it in tissue culture when it is big enough. The flower is just starting to come up, all you can see right now is the flower starting.

Mary :)
By Matt
I wish Craig luck with putting the 'Cupped Trap' flower stalk into TC. I have one 'Cupped Trap' flower stalk in TC right now that I just put in 3 days ago. I also have a 'Cupped Trap' leaf that's forming callus now. And to make it even more likely that I'm able to get 'Cupped Trap' going in cultures, I have 3 more flower stalks out on my porch that are coming up!

In any case, let us know how the Cupped Trap flower stalk does in TC.
By NZL
When you guys put flower stalks in TC, do you cut them in pieces to get more plants? Or are you aiming for 1 new plant per stalk?
Because I've heard it would be possible to get more than 1 new plant from a flower stalk when you add rooting hormone to the medium, put the flower stalks vertically in the medium with the original bottom side, and rub some shooting hormone on the stalk end sticking out of the medium.

This would ofcourse require your flower stalk to grow first before cutting it off, but since the major energy drain comes from forming the flower and the seeds, your motherplant would still have a very high survival chance as long as you cut the flower stalk before floration.
By Matt
It doesn't matter how many pieces you cut the flower stalk into, you'll always get multiple plants from tissue culture. The larger the piece of flower stalk, the easier it is to keep it alive during sterilization. I usually sterilize them in 2 inch segments and then (sometimes) cut them into 1 inch pieces.
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!