FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By firefighter75
I've been soaking the bulbs that were left all day. They're now a bit mushy and a light brown color. Hoping that's because they've been in water too long, but I believe they're shot. Moved what was left of my plants inside and I'm going to get a lamp with some HO bulbs tonight. I am now an indoor only grower...
By Andrew
firefighter75 wrote:I am now an indoor only grower...
If your plants were happy outdoors, then why dont you continue to grow them outdoors? All you need to do is buy some lumber, make a cage, and cover it in chicken wire.
By firefighter75
I'm going to have to bring them inside and put them in the attic with a grow lamp on a timer for dormancy anyway. Besides, all I have left are 3 of my Lowe's rescues and a crimson sawtooth. The little mean dude got all the other ones. I just replanted 5 bulbs. No idea which ones they are. Hopefully they come back. We'll see in a few months I guess.
By cat1560
ya pull out the bb gun lol
By salty
THis is what I ended up doing after a squirrel ripped apart one of my flytraps. Not very pretty but they cant get in. The screen comes up a few inches above the pot so that the plants aren't too low.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!