FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By mando
Hi there, this CP´s are not mine (but probably some day I get one os those :D) are from a nursery in a neighboring country and I´m making reseachr before I buy them ;) here the CP´s

Nepenthes
1Image
2Image
3Image
4Image
5Image

Sarracenias
1Image
2Image
3Image
4Image
5Image

And can you tell me if they are in good shape?

Cheers!
By snapperhead51
Mando these are what they may be ! not all ways easy to tell , these are in lowish light and have not coloured up as they should.
1 N. ventrata
2 N.maxima or crosseed with something colour not quite right !!
3 N. ?? uppers are just to hard to tell they get to out of shape they all look the same ! but possible Maxima !!
4 N. ventrata again !
5 N. Maxima x lowi x ventricosa or maxima x xrtusmadiansis ?? very similar some times !!

Sarras
1 .S hybrid one or the many hybrids that are around multi crosses parent is usually S.purpurea .
2 who knows !! low light S. minor or minor x some thing ??
3 S.purpurea x willsii possible !!
4 S.scarlet bell
5 S. purpurea venosa more that likely !1

about what I reckon ! may be some one else to have a go too !!
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By jamez
Hmm

I think

1) Nepenthes Ventrata
2) Nepenthes maxima (color may vary)
3) Maxima or Khasiana (looks ALOT like my uppers)
4)Yes another ventra with more color
5) could be maxima x ventricosa (looks like mine, I don't think it has anything else in it)
6)purpurea
7)purpurea x psittacina
8)purpurea x flava(catesbaei), or purpurea x alata
9)s courtii???? same a purpurea x psittacina color and shape may vary
10)rosea
jamez liked this
By snapperhead51
Mando have a look at this like as see what they realy look like ok
J
http://www.bestcarnivorousplants.org/fo ... r134-.html

and this one and fine them is a very good look you will learn a lot
J

http://cpphotofinder.com/sarracenia-pur ... i-755.html

have a look down the page a bit to obilvons thread as his red sarra that s.courtii ,so it ant that one !!
snapperhead51 liked this
By mando
O.O Hey thanks a lot people!! really you have a really huge knowlege!!!

I´ll loking know for cultivation condition and make the plan to see if I can gatter one of them :D (of course this
jamez wrote:S courtii is sarracenia purpurea x psittacina. And they are a little too deep in the pot.
is something I´ll keep at a reference to buy or care them)

Thanks a lot!!!
By Veronis
Sarr 1 is some kind of purpurea (purpurea ssp venosa or purpurea ssp purpurea most likely), but you can't tell from that photo. If the flower it makes has a red or red/green belly, it's purpurea ssp purpurea. If the belly of the flower is yellow or off-white, it's an ssp venosa, or possibly ssp venosa var. burkii (see Sarr 5 for more epic confusion).

Sarr 2 I'm fairly sure is rubra x psittacina (S. x gilpinii). If not, there's definitely psittacina in there somewhere.

Sarr 3 is an x catesbaei (= purpurea x flava natural hybrid - here's a pic of mine: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/downl ... hp?id=4700, and here's another with stronger red veining like yours: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa16 ... 0031-9.jpg).

Sarr 4 isn't a scarlet belle; but it does look like a psittacina x rubra ssp. wheryi. It could be an S. courtii (= purpurea x psittacina) that hasn't gotten enough light. If it turns completely red under full sun, it's courtii. If it doesn't and the color stays more true to its current coloring in the pic you posted, it's S. psittacina x rubra ssp. wheryi.

Sarr 5 looks most like purpurea ssp venosa to me, but it could be a rosea (synonym for purpurea ssp venosa var. burkii). If the pitchers never get about this fat (http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265 ... idaRt6.jpg) it's more likely an ssp venosa, but it's really hard to say because they're not *that* much different. Their flowers look the same as I recall.
Veronis liked this
By jamez
Rosea's flowers are the shiniest pink ever. I wait for 'em to bloom and I want to put them an a glass of water. But I try to propagate them which fails for me every time :(.
jamez liked this
By Veronis
jamez wrote:Rosea's flowers are the shiniest pink ever.
Thanks for that. :) I wonder if a lot of growers have their plants mislabeled; I've seen "roseas" with red flowers, and venosa's with reddish-pink flowers.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!