FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Oblivion
as some of you know, im building a shade house from an old S/House frame we got cheap from an auction. (its a birthday gift from my parents)

it was originally 5m X 3m, but my parents resized it to 3.6M X 2M at my request so it fits our small backyard better.

im doing a paved floor, and want to mark a walkway path down the centre. it was originally going to have the word SHADEHOUSE in block letters written into the paving (use a different paver colour for the lettering)

however after working it all out, im 2x letters too long for it to fit inside the S/house.

my mum suggested i change it to ECOHOUSE.

anyway, im after any suggestions you have regarding some alternate, shorter words for shadehouse or something else shorter to put down.
ill try post some pic's soon, to give you an idea of what im talking about.
By Oblivion
aww, no excel sheet attachments allowed, no plans for you :(

a pic of the plans will have to do.

the area down the centre with the underlined words SHADEHOUSE is the walkway through the middle.
as you can see, im 2x letters too long to fit the plan. any alternate word suggestions appreciated.
Attachments:
shadehouse plan.JPG
shadehouse plan.JPG (61.35 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
By tc3driver
Sun Reducing Unit ... too long
no del sol ... still too long
bugs welcome ...
dark room ...
sun be gone ...
shady ...
dull ...
Hikage (pronounced he-ka-gay) japanese for shade
Hikage no ie (he-ka-gay no A-E) house of shade

I am out.... of ideas
tc3driver liked this
By Oblivion
well today i got my package from triffid park, and as soon as i seen the label i couldnt stop laughing.

what would be more perfect and appropriate for a shadehouse full of CP's than to simply put

TRIFFIDS

wiki link to "triffids"
The triffid is a highly venomous fictional plant species, the titular antagonist from John Wyndham's 1951 novel The Day of the Triffids and Simon Clark's 2001 sequel The Night of the Triffids. Triffids were also featured in the 1957 BBC radio dramatization of Wyndham's book, a considerably altered film adaptation which was produced in 1962, a more faithful 1981 television serial produced by the BBC, and in a 2009 two-part TV series also produced by the BBC. Since 1951, when The Day of the Triffids was first published, the word "triffid" has become a popular British English term used to describe large or menacing looking plants
Attachments:
triffid paving.JPG
triffid paving.JPG (53.21 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
By tc3driver
ROFLMAO... Triffids!!!

Though I was confusing them with tribbles... (the little self replicating fuzzy balls from star-trek)
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!