FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By slm437
Hello!

I just bought seeds to grow a Venus Fly Trap from the store connected with this forum. Now, I need something to grow it in. I didn't realize that perlite and peat or sphagnum moss are only sold in such large quantities where I am located. I only need enough to fill a 16 oz styrofoam cup*. Would anyone be willing to part with their 50/50 ish mix of perlite and moss? I would be happy to pay shipping.

Thanks!
Sam M.

*As recommended: http://www.flytrapcare.com/media-soil-f ... traps.html
By Matt
If you're unable to find any, Steve and I do sell some in the store. I just put some more back in stock:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/growin ... edium.html

The cost of the soil is nearly all shipping (included in the price).

BTW - I see this is your first post on the forums. Welcome! :)
By marianne
the bale of peat that is 2.5 cubic ft is only 7.00, and if you buy a gallon online its 6 plus like 12.00 shipping.

just get the bale for cheaper and give it to others who might need it. or get the bag of LFS its only 4.00, both are readily availiable at home depot, and lowes. if you want some of mine that is fine, I will give you 2-4 sandwich baggies full of sphagnum peat.
By Hayden
The Flytrap Store will guarantee you the top peat, as its sold to you by one of the best Flytrap growers out there.
By marianne
?? the top peat, i use the same as them. if it plain sphagnum peat its fine.
By Hayden
Yes, but the FTS is one of the best cp stores in the US. If I wanted peat and lived in the US id certainly buy mine from the fts.
By marianne
and waste money? just get it somewhere where you wont have to wait 7 days.
By Hayden
Your using the ftc forum. That Matt has kindly made for us, and manages in his own time. Showing a bit of support to the forum is always worth it. Ive been offered seeds in England, but I ordered them from US to help support the forum.

The FTS has more than fair prices, and as Matt said. Alot of the cost is p&p.
By Matt
marianne wrote:and waste money? just get it somewhere where you wont have to wait 7 days.
Whoa there Negative Nelly! While it's true that you'll definitely get more potting products for your money if you buy them locally, it's not a waste of money for people that simply don't want a ton of media ingredients (most of them have to be purchased in huge bags and most people that live in apartments don't have anywhere to put stuff like that) or simply can't find all the soil ingredients locally. That's why we offer it in the store.

Also, the wait time is never 7 days for an order from the FlytrapStore unless something goes terribly wrong. Orders are almost always shipped the next day, if not the same day they're placed, and are shipped via USPS priority mail which usually arrives in 2-4 days.
By RLK
so angry...

we should all hug?

~RLK
By slm437
HUG

Thanks guys. I think I was just mad at myself for buying the seeds and forgetting to buy the soil at the same time. You've convinced me: Buying the seeds and never buying the soil is even more of a waste than paying for shipping and handling twice.

Sam
By HarrisAz
i just dont understand u guys!u got the great FTS and u waste it.if i were u,i buy all things from FTS coz u can always gurrantee for the quality of plant and soil,trusted guys and many more.and the silica sand is kinda hard to find.thats one of the cost the medium is expensive.i advicing to u to buy the medium from matt and steve's store.just wish theres no need of permits to import those thing from US to malaysia.sorry for saying the same word.its just that Matt and steve's product is killing me.
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!