FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Myhumminbird
Does anyone want to trade anything for some cuttings. This plant is huge and needs to be pruned a little. The pieced have nubbies on them, so all you have to do is put them in dirt, and they root up really nice. Warning, blooms draw flies, that is how they pollinate. They are nice to give an extra snack to your cp's though.

Last edited by Myhumminbird on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
By linton
Nice flower. What is the species? And does the plant set seed after flowering??
By Myhumminbird
I have no idea what it is, and it should produce seeds, the reason it draws flies is because they pollinate them. I've never tried to collect any. I've had this guy for years. Grow it from one little start, and after a while it just needs to be taken apart and restarted. They are really easy to just stick into dirt and start. I am leaving for the weekend, if you are interested, I'll be back on Monday. It is pretty big, so I could send out pieces to several people easily. Thanks, Myhumminbird
By RLK
I would be very interested in one of those, it looks like a cactus that would do very well with grafting. im gonna do some research on it and get back to you. also later im gonna post some things that i have for trade. maybe you will find something of interest.
By RLK
hey hummingbird, i posted some things i have for trade right now. if your not interested in anything i have for trade then perhaps we can settle on a fair price. im very interested in playing with that cacti. let me know what you think.

~RLK
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!