FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By SDCPs
UPDATED--1/12/11

USA ONLY

One of the sundews I'm offering is D. indica 'pale pink flower'. The complete list is down below. However, this one sundew is super spectacular!

Drosera Indica, at least my 'pale pink flower' variety, is super strong. It can catch and hold houseflies with ease. I have seen 5 houseflies on a single plant. Drosera tracyii cannot even catch one housefly. Here is a little proof:

It is also extremely addicting to fruit flies:

Seriously. Those aren't the best pics, but this sundew can catch big things. I've seen it catch bees too! No other sundew in my collection can accomplish feats like this regularly...on a single leaf.

Here are some more pics for you to explore. http://cpforums.org/gallery/v/SDCPs/indica/ They include a 10" tall d. indica! 5 more pics to see!

This sundew is an annual, and is only propagated via seed. Cuttings don't work. http://www.carnivorousplants.org/seedba ... indica.htm describes some cultivation requirements.

The indica I have is VERY drought tolerant. Perfect for growing with VFTs which don't like too much water, as the sundews don't like to be sopping wet either.

The best thing about this sundew is that it gets big and catches big prey. The seeds are also very nice. They are the nicest drosera seeds I have ever seen. It may be a little hard to start, but boy is it worth the trouble! If you live in a warm area, scatter these seeds on your pots in spring. The plants will grow, and by summer you'll have a mighty forest!

Ok, lets get down to business.

I have seed from these varieties of CPs for sale or trade. Of course, I'm starring the d. indica right now, but I have the others there so you can get them if you're interested. The numbers indicate approximately how many seeds you get per lot. Most lots include more seeds than indicated.

D. indica 'Pale Pink Flower' seed-60+
D. dielsiana seed-50+
D. natalensis seed-50+
D. Venusta seed-50+
D. burmannii seed-50+
D. capensis seed-BEGINNER LEVEL SEED-100+
D. capensis 'alba' seed-BEGINNER LEVEL SEED-100+
D. capensis 'broadleaf'
D. intermedia 'cuba'--$3 for a pack (I don't have many of them)
d. spathulata "pink flower, tall stalk, nice plant"
S. oreophylla 'sand mountain'--free with a purchase, if you want it.
S. leucophylla
Note: A capensis lot consists of 2 packs of seeds to make it easy for beginners to reserve some. Both sarracenia X self.

Each lot of seed I will either trade or sell at the low price of $1.The buyer must include a check, cash, or a money order inside a SASE as payment. If you want to buy this seed, you must send a SASE. You must also include a slip of paper stating which kinds of seed you want. I cannot accept electronic payments. PM me for my address, and to discuss purchases/trades of seed. Note: you must include some kind of indication (with your SASE) that tells me what kind of seed and how many lots you want. A slip of paper works well. If your SASE is lost in the mail, I take no responsibility for it. That is why I suggest you write a check.

If you want to trade, I'm interested in sundew seed, and dragon fruit seed. PM me or post what you have. I may or may not be interested. Check my growlist if necessary. Of course, I'll be interested in plants as well :mrgreen: If you want to get seed in bulk, PM me. We can work something out!

Some info on the other seed:

The filliformis 'FL Red' is a heat tolerant version of D. filliformis native to Florida. In intense sunlight, the plant can become totally red. SUPER COOL!--OUT OF STOCK
Last edited by SDCPs on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By bombsboy
i have some capillaris and rountifolia seeds... but when i crushed them open... =__=

they are mixed with other plant debreis if thats okay :(

i have s. minor X ??? seeds and rountifolia seeds also... pick which one(s) you want and well add it to our current trade over in my post?

and the indica you sent me is doing great! it has a tiny little flower stalk, should i cut it? and is it true it is an anual?
By manzano167
Can you reserve 3 packets? 1 Drosera alba, 1 drosera Capensis , and 1 Drosera venusta

Can purple heart stamps still work? like the bell stamp they both still cost 44 cents
By Siannuro
I'd like a pack of the Indica, one of capensis alba, and one of VFT SW.

Now, you'll have to explain the wholse SASE to me because I'm not familiar with that. (Self addressed stamped envelope?)
By SDCPs
Siannuro wrote:I'd like a pack of the Indica, one of capensis alba, and one of VFT SW.

Now, you'll have to explain the wholse SASE to me because I'm not familiar with that. (Self addressed stamped envelope?)
You got the SASE right. Basically you send an envelope to me with money and another envelope inside. The other envelope is addressed to you and has postage on it (one stamp).

Remember, you get 2 packs of capensis alba...no matter what ;)
By SDCPs
bombsboy wrote:i have some capillaris and rountifolia seeds... but when i crushed them open... =__=

they are mixed with other plant debreis if thats okay :(

i have s. minor X ??? seeds and rountifolia seeds also... pick which one(s) you want and well add it to our current trade over in my post?

and the indica you sent me is doing great! it has a tiny little flower stalk, should i cut it? and is it true it is an anual?

Yes, cut it. Let it grow a little, then let it flower. The plant is an annual...but that can be a + and not a -

To be frank, I already have plants of all the seed you'd like to send me, except the minor x???, so I don't think they interest me very much. Several, like the rotundifolia and capillaris have location data. I don't want to mix them up.

BTW everybody: if you want seeds you must PM me.
By bombsboy
location data? i would like to know more about that if you dont mind.
By SDCPs
Sure :D

Location data is simply a "tag" of where the plant was from originally, like where the seeds were collected in the wild. It usually consists of county, state. For example: Greene co, Mississippi.
SDCPs liked this
By kenspicks
Want (I don't know if you recieved my first order?)
1- D. indica
1- D. dielsiana
1- D. capensis
1 - D. capensis alba
1- D. burmii
1 - VFT - SW Giant
kenspicks - Lodi, CA
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in from of the binata in the […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!