FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By afh928
SDCPS!!!! MY PLANTS GO SHIPPED INCORRECTLY, CHECK YOUR PMs! :cry:
By bombsboy
afh928 wrote:I would even be willing to do prepared pullings (small plastic trays w/drainage already filled with CP mix and pullings) with 5-10 leaves each too, and over the past 2 years i have gotten 10+ plants from each leaf i pull, so there is great value if you are interested. I just did 3 trays a month ago and i already have 20 or 30 1-2" plants coming off of them as of yesterday. :mrgreen:
what kinds of pullings do you offer? or am i interpreting this wrong?
By afh928
It is d. filiformis, i get CRAZY amounts of strikes from my pullings. I can do them all day man, i have tons. :mrgreen:
By afh928
yeah, it all arrived but the dews didn't make it so far...i don't think theyre gonna make it, but there are TINY signs of life. Not his fault though, i would deal with him anytime. It might have just been too hot to ship small dews like that, but again...not his fault. I have seen worse pull through, so i might get home to new growth tonight..i shall update tomorrow. The VFT is SUPERB however, huge rhizome and already shooting up leaves! :mrgreen:
By SDCPs
As I've said to afh928,

I'm sorry about the dews...I packed them the morning I shipped them out. I also sent everything priority mail. I think afh928 received them in 3 days.

They were looking great when I sent them. One filliformis was already flowering...at least try to save a filliformis man. Don't throw it out, and don't disturb it. Maybe a gentle top watering every once in a while. They might pop back...sort of like a cutting. So just sit tight. Also, daily updates aren't in order because these things usually take a couple of weeks :(

Anyway, I'm glad you like the VFT! I just love those plants with big rhizomes, they just look like they mean business 8-)

I'm also happy to know that you'd "deal with me anytime!"

So, thanks for the deal.

P.S. I'm writing this to tell you that I received your money order :)
By afh928
I got home yesterday and ALL of the dews ( 2 x rotundifolia and 2 X FLORIDA ALL RED) had gotten moldy and black. I even had them in partial shade to help them recover, but i think it must have been a fluke or something. There was nothing to save, i hate it, but they were completely rotten and dead. I have even just recently received other plants and they shipped fine in the heat, so i don't know WHAT happened! Is there any chance you might be able to replace the dews, at least a couple of them? If you would be willing to just send a couple more of the florida all red i would be fine with that, and we could call it square. I just really wanted to have that particular plant this season, and if you can send me replacements this week theyll have enough time to get cozy before fall. I would like the rotundifolias replaced too, but if you can only do the 2 x Fl Reds that is fine, or maybe another VFT instead of the rotundifolia? Whatever you want to do, but i'd like to see about getting them replaced if possible. We can talk about this via PM from here, i won't take up any more of the thread with our dealings lol.

aaron
By bombsboy
oh i got a filiformis too and ive done cuttings. easy to float in water and get like 5000000 strikes lol :lol:
By SDCPs
You do have those filli red seeds. Those are more powerful than any plant I could ever send you. I'm afraid that even if the fillis are replaced, you won't have nice plants this season.The season is just too far gone. BTW: Summer is the worst time to place orders for cps...especially if you're in a hot area.

Just thought I'd mention that. With those seeds you can select the reddest seedlings and get really nice plants.

Yes, I've pmed you...again.
By afh928
Agreee to disagree, cause only on 2 occasions have i had plants not make it during summer. I have done ALL my plant shopping between march and september and have never had much issue. I PM'ed you back...again....?.....but just in case you check this first, don't worry about replacing the plants in September, i will be done with acquisitions by then. Im sure the seeds will do well and ill have plenty next season anyway.
By bombsboy
the best time to ship things is durring winder dormancy or early spring... right?
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!