FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By moof
Hi,
I just recently bought some xaxim - a very non-ecological product, but I couldn't get Epiweb in Poland... I planted my U.campbelliana on it. It's a very SLOW grower, but since I keep it vertical it looks like it's growth got better. I kept it in a normal pot before. The red rectangles show the places where new leafs are emerging and the old ones too:

Looks like the species growing vertically are not doing well when kept in classic pots. I'll try the same method with U.asplundii.
By RL7836
Congratulations on getting a campy and also getting it to do some growing. Keep us updated on how it comes along - & how the asplundii adapts to the new conditions. What temps does it see (day / night)?

I've had my asplundii growing in a peat-based mix for over 6 months & it has not grown much. Recently, I've gotten 2 offshoots to root & start to grow. The one in live LFS seems to be doing very well - so far...
By moof
Hi Ron,
20-25 at day, varies with the ambient temperature in the room and 14-16 degrees Celsius at night. I'm still waiting for my U.asplundii, I'm doing a trade:) Never grown this species before and I want to give it a try on the xaxim. I didn't see any photos from it's natural habitat with horizontal growth! Good to hear that your plants are doing well!

Regards,
Peter
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!