FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By woowoo
OK I did not know where to post this but is there any cps that can cope with low levels of light.

I wanted a plant for my hall where there is hardly any light.

Iam thinking no but thought i would ask.

Thanks
Fiona.
By Matt
Some species of Drosera, like the adelae, do better in low light levels. Most species of butterworts prefer low light levels. There are almost certainly other CPs that do well in lower light levels, but the vast majority of them prefer lots of sun.
Matt liked this
By moof
Many Utricularia like lower light levels, the queensland sundews like adelae prolifera and schizandra, some neps
moof liked this
By RL7836
moof wrote:Many Utricularia like lower light levels, the queensland sundews like adelae prolifera and schizandra, some neps
Yup - any of the three sisters do great in lower light levels. Although some will disagree, Cephalotus can also be grown in fairly low light levels. Many are shaded by grasses in their native habitat - so they can adapt. While I grow them in many different conditions, I've had one on a north-facing windowsill in my office for about a year - it only sees diffuse indirect light & has been growing very well. As you would expect, it has leaves that are quite large (4.75" long & 1.75" wide) & nice-sized pitchers also (close to 3").
RL7836 liked this
Perlite from Ebay

The website, http://www.perlagro.co.uk/product/per[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!