FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Luke O Phylla
A few of the pitchers on a few of my plants are developing tiny damaged spots which form large red rings around them. No visible insect pests on the plants. Any idea what might be doing this to them? And the best treatment?

By snapperhead51
Luke just went out to have a look at some of my sarras to see if I have the same marks , yes I do , looks like where some scale had been or were and died or dropped off , have a lot on some plant and none on others ?? don't seem to hert them ! from what is see just looks a bit unsightly did you notice any scale on the plant at all !!
snapperhead51 liked this
By Luke O Phylla
No, no scale that I notice. I do occasionally mist the plants with a water solution containing a systemic insecticide. Maybe what ever is doing it is having time for just a nibble before dropping dead.
By snapperhead51
yes could be and it just may be a thing that happens too ! some of the marks on mine looks like just there so?? could be bugs , sun , temp changes ?/ as long as the wholes dont go all the way through dont think there is too much to worry about , mine still going ok , got some plants 10 years old so has not hert them ?? so hope it dont yours too ! may be some one else may have the correct answer !!
By dimitar
Don't worry at all. It happens often to my.I have noticed these red spots are caused by condensed
fluid early in the morning together with the sun these spots appear if you grow them in a green hose. The same happens if you grow them out side from the morning dew together with the sun.
After that small burning spots appear. Nothing wrong...wants photos?

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!