FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By HarrisAz
i really want one of Matt's FLytrap!!!.especially the Cupped trap and the only B52.btw how do u get those permits?i really wanna buy those plants and i only can trust Flytrapstore.com.in Malaysia,those plants arent available.
By Matt
moof wrote:Yes? Hah I just sent plant without permit to Malaysia:D Looks like they arrived, but if so I was just lucky.
Depending on how thorough Malaysian customs is, it might not be too hard to get them through without paperwork. But if customs finds them and they don't have proper paperwork, the plants will be destroyed and there could be fines involved, I think.
By Carl
moof wrote:Yes? Hah I just sent plant without permit to Malaysia:D Looks like they arrived, but if so I was just lucky.
If I was you I would hope CITES and DEFRA don't see this post because you would be fined. It's not just about the trading of rare and endangered plants but also preventing foreign pests being entered in to other countries
By moof
I didn't knew Malaisya had such restrictions. The guy wrote I can send plants without any permits... should have checked it out:/ Good I've sent only one plant, bare-rooted. That's the last time I send plants outside the EU without checking the restrictons myself before...
By Carl
It's not just the import but also the export the authorities have problems with.

I can understand it with regards to pests because we've all had plants and animals entered into our countries that have had devastating effect (grey squirrel for one), but the plants should be free to trade if outside of the US (sorry US) because these plants could not have been taken from the wild.
By HarrisAz
well.....i dont think Malaysia have restrictions.but im sure that Australia has.ppl who come australia with foods or live things(pets,plants)will be arrest and those things that they carry will be taken.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!