FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Noles172809
I've noticed that on the rare occasion that i do hand feed my VFT. the traps seem to move slow when closing. its almost a sneaking creep, not at all the quick close i expect. is this normal? maybe a specific trait of certain types of VFT's?

Thanks, Brett
By Jaws
I have this on one or two plants.
I repotted them all 2 months back is the only cause i can think of, yet it doesnt occur on all plants.
One of the ones with a trap that will close slowly is in a trough with plants whose traps are lightning fast.
By simon79
I found this with a few vfts i purchased. when i bought these vfts they wasn't in the best of conditions... i.e on a shelf with no sunlight indoors. i tried to manually feed these with a fly but no luck. so maybe it could be caused by the conditions you have them in or it could be that the traps are coming to the end of their lifes? are the trigger hairs green or have they gone a slighty brown colour? brown would indicate that they wont close.... i'm no expert but just informing you of my experience :)

good luck!
By OR1ON
All my home depot plants did the same too. It took one about 2 months to close its traps faster. I also think its because of the conditions its in. Too much mineral build-up/not enough light and so on.
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!