FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live outside the US, UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By ashxthelord
hey guys, i live in india and i need carnivorous plants/seeds/bulbs. venus fly trap, sundew, pitcher and aldrovanda. can anyone help??? is there any online store in india atleast? anyone from india can send some seeds please?
By Matt
Steve and I can ship seeds internationally. You can purchase them directly from the international store here:
FlytrapStore International

We don't ship plants internationally yet, but we may in the future, perhaps as soon as next year. I understand the process and it's just a matter of us getting enough sale-sized plants to be able to meet demand. Also, it will likely be somewhat cost prohibitive to place a small order, so you may want to try to find a group to order with. The Phytosanitary Certificate alone will cost $25. Shipping will likely be as much. So that's $50 before even ordering any plants. It may also cost you money to get an import permit issued to you from your country of residence (India in your case). That is something you'll have to inquire about with your proper government agency (equivalent of United States Department of Agriculture).
Matt liked this
By Andrew
Matt wrote:We don't ship plants internationally yet, but we may in the future, perhaps as soon as next year.
I would be willing to test your international shipping next year ;p
By Oblivion
pm a guy called viabhav. hes in india and might be able to tell you where he got his soil recently.
By valaraukar
Hey.

You can buy seeds from the Flytrap store, and they ship to India (I'm in India). I got 40 VFT seeds for $8.95... free shipping!

P.S: My seeds are starting to sprout! :D
By ashxthelord
ya, well, the thing is my parents dont support any of my hobbies and will definitely not agree for a credit card transaction or anything like that. i'm still 16. thats why
By valaraukar
Well my Lord, if you're up for growing them from seeds, I'm sure we could send you some for free. Sundew seeds are plentiful, and grow quickly. Vaibhav is in Delhi and I'm in Hyderabad, and between the two of us, we should be able to manage some sundew seeds for sure.

Where are you in India?

But do familiarize yourself with the care of these plants... it's not a trivial matter.
By ashxthelord
i know, i've done 2 weeks extreme research. i live in goa. by the way, which species do u have of vft/sundew/pitcher? in goa, except for some times in summer, the weather is humid and perfect. i also got one more question. does rain water that falls off my terrace be allright? i'll be collecting directly as it falls.
By Andrew
As long as you only collect water after it starts raining. Start collecting thirty minutes after it starts raining to give it a chance to wash all of the dust/dirt/other particles off your terrace.
By valaraukar
Don't use terrace water. Depending how close you live to the coast, you'll have the added problem of sea spray carrying salt, which would end up coating every surface. Depending on the material of your terrace, you'll have additional minerals and paint flaking off.

It's a lot easier just putting a bucket out when it rains. You can check the quality with a TDS meter, if you want. It should be less than 50 ppm. I got a tds meter from ebay for Rs. 750, but I imagine it should be fine.

Seeds: I've currently planted all the seeds I had, since they don't have an unlimited shelf life. VFTs and pitchers are very slow growing, so for a beginner, I'd recommend sundews, since they attain maturity in a year. Vaibhav sent me some Drosera capensis and spatulata seeds, so I can send you those. While you wait for the seeds, you can wash your media and keep it ready for immediate planting. The washing step takes a couple of days.

What you might want to try is pack your pots with the media and keep them outside in the rain for a couple of days to naturally leach out any minerals. Since it's pouring cats and dogs these days, it seems a sensible thing to do. If you can manage to get sphagnum moss, great. Don't use any other kind. The sort used for moneyplants will kill your CPs. I use coir and thermocol balls.
By piyush
Hello Vaibhav. I am in Delhi too and would love to talk to you, Can you give me your email>>> I am rakta@live.in

valaraukar wrote:Well my Lord, if you're up for growing them from seeds, I'm sure we could send you some for free. Sundew seeds are plentiful, and grow quickly. Vaibhav is in Delhi and I'm in Hyderabad, and between the two of us, we should be able to manage some sundew seeds for sure.

Where are you in India?

But do familiarize yourself with the care of these plants... it's not a trivial matter.
By +niks+
Hey guyz......i know its quite late......sorry for that......bt i wld be glad if sumbody wld lyk to share their carnivorous plant seeds wid me....i stay in mumbai....if nebody is ready pls let me know....thnxxx!!!!

Hey gang! So I think the humidifier I have is goi[…]

Not what you would expect...

Nothing to do with the condiment cup/urine sample.[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!