Moderator: Matt

By OR1ON
ABout how big would you say the are?

Gotta start making room!!
By OR1ON
:cry:
By tc3driver
I'm in the same boat OR1ON...

I saw this e-mail and though... HOT DAMN!!! I'm IN!

Then I saw this and was like :O :(
By tc3driver
roey benjamin marcus wrote:I don't like bareroot.
Do you have a positive bone in your body?
By roey benjamin marcus
Why do you ask? I just don't have materials where I live. The only thing here is long-since-dead sphagnum moss at Petco (for lizards >_>). There are no stores around here carrying carnivorous plants, I worked my [buttocks] off trying to find a pot that's not terra cotta, and I can't find ANY ******* NUTRIENT POOR SOIL!!!!...ehem, sorry for that. Point is, I need to get the materials online but I need to know which materials to get first.
By Matt
Sorry to everyone that missed this special offer. If you want to be notified of this sort of thing, I'd recommend subscribing for email updates to this forum "Sales, Trades & Wants USA" and to the "FlytrapStore Announcements" forum. Keep your eyes open as we'll be having more and more of them. Of course, you could also buy them at a good price from the store:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/specia ... llars.html

My tissue culture exploits have basically ran me and Steve out of room and even if we did have enough room for everything (I can continue to make room), there's a limit to the number of plants that Steve and I could reasonably care for to raise to adulthood for retail sale.

This offer had so many takers, that I might have to change a few things about it in the future (more plants per order, slightly higher price, etc.) because it was very time consuming and tedious to pack up a dozen orders of 20 plants for such a small return on my time investment.

But I am happy that the babies going out into the world and hopefully going to a good home where someone will enjoy them.
Matt liked this
By tc3driver
Matt wrote:Sorry to everyone that missed this special offer. If you want to be notified of this sort of thing, I'd recommend subscribing for email updates to this forum "Sales, Trades & Wants USA" and to the "FlytrapStore Announcements" forum. Keep your eyes open as we'll be having more and more of them. Of course, you could also buy them at a good price from the store:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/specia ... llars.html

My tissue culture exploits have basically ran me and Steve out of room and even if we did have enough room for everything (I can continue to make room), there's a limit to the number of plants that Steve and I could reasonably care for to raise to adulthood for retail sale.

This offer had so many takers, that I might have to change a few things about it in the future (more plants per order, slightly higher price, etc.) because it was very time consuming and tedious to pack up a dozen orders of 20 plants for such a small return on my time investment.

But I am happy that the babies going out into the world and hopefully going to a good home where someone will enjoy them.
Matt,

I cannot speak for everyone, but I was just expressing my disappointment in missing out on an opportunity like this :D

I know I appreciated the e-mail that went out, and appreciated the sale... and I cannot wait until the next one :D
By Matt
Doomsday wrote:Maybe you could do like 5 orders a week instead of all at once?? It might make the shipping easier
It's still the same amount of time to pack them all up, print out the shipping labels, etc. And then I'd be making multiple trips to the post office if I divided them up. Also, the plants were already uprooted, so I had to get rid of them quickly. And there's really nothing I can do about that because I'm dumping out pots that look like this:
pot_full_of_baby_VFTs.jpg
pot_full_of_baby_VFTs.jpg (102.12 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
and there are dozens of them, sometimes nearly a hundred, in each pot. It's really a matter of what's most convenient for me and what's the most efficient use of my time in order to try to keep profitable. I'm completely swamped with flytraps and trying to figure out what has priority to be potted, repotted, etc. is becoming more challenging. Then, add to that the orders from the store and any specials like this and it quickly snowballs out of control.
Not what you would expect...

Nothing to do with the condiment cup/urine sample.[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!