FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Mikeduner
so i got a lows death cube sundew,
about a week ago, and no dew would develope on it, then today, as an expiriiment i put it back in the cube and like clockwork, dew came right back
oppinions
By Mikeduner
well it hasnt been all that humid around here, so im saying in a way the deathcube is not as useless as some seem to think it is
By Oblivion
ive noticed a little humidity from my cheap mini green house really brings out the dew in my plants within about 2 days.

ive also seen that when put close to T8 fluro's they not only get dew very quick but also gain a whole lot of colouring. (it is winter here though so sunlight isnt all that strong)
By sundewman
Just so you know, until it grows under a bit higher light conditions for a while, the plant will continue to lose its dew outside of a high humidity environment.

You're not doing anything wrong- I actually left mine in a "life cube" for 4 months before I moved it to the tray method, which increases the humidity microclimate, and lets the plant have dew outside of the cube.
But as Oblivion mentioned, growing under fluorescent lights allows the plant to develop red coloration and pumps out more dew.

Long story short, after a year, your plant can look like this under T-8s or T-12s:
sundewman liked this
By Oblivion
whats the plant in the top left corner that looks like upside down red octopus tentacles? some sort of adelae?
By Doomsday
Ya in the ling run, a healthy plant will be making dew based on the amount of sunlight it is getting not the misture as it is now. Yuo will probably have to rehabilitate it and acclimate it to your new conditions outside the cube.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!