FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By CN-
I never even thought about half of the thing you brought up Matt , All great points. I never should have posted it until you had replied ( MY BAD :shock: ).
The Fact is There wasn't a single Pm on this so the truth is i was going to delete it my self . Any how I will go ahead and root the cutting then under the rules and regs part with this great Hybrid .

Hope I didnt cross any lines . I totally under satnd your points ;) :D .

Daren
By Matt
Apology accepted Daren. There aren't any rules against what you did, so you didn't break any rules. We're working up a list of rules (the community is getting to the size that we probably need some) to help guide people as to what is appropriate for the forums.

Again, thanks for the apology :)
Matt liked this
By limeslide
Not to ruin the moment, but this should have been sent via PM if it was directed toward one person. :/
Sorry if I understood wrong.
By doku
limeslide wrote:Not to ruin the moment, but this should have been sent via PM if it was directed toward one person. :/
This way people know there are no hard feeling between Daren and the administrators. No one is getting in trouble, and Daren is just stating that he understands the reason for the thread being closed. At the same time, everyone now knows that this is going to be under the new rules at some point. Well, thats what I think at least.
By CN-
doku wrote:
limeslide wrote:Not to ruin the moment, but this should have been sent via PM if it was directed toward one person. :/
This way people know there are no hard feeling between Daren and the administrators. No one is getting in trouble, and Daren is just stating that he understands the reason for the thread being closed. At the same time, everyone now knows that this is going to be under the new rules at some point. Well, thats what I think at least.
Absolutely I have no hard feelings about this, and yes my point was to show that there wasn't any. The fact is is that though there were not any rules about this sort of thing I do see there points ALL OF THEM . If I was not a honest person I totally see that some one could keep jacking the price up on the item. yes I should have waited for Matt's reply, I didn't and that was not good Judgment on my part. Matt has being good too me from day one, That goes a long ways in my eyes.

Again I think this is not a bashing thread so I really seen no reason to Pm it. If I am mistaken fell free to let me know, and being no one got scammed or hurt in either thread I think it is purdy friendly.

So with all that said again I plan to root it out an then part with it.

Thanks Daren
By CN-
BTW,
This was not directed at one person .
Re: Silent Auction

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:05 am
Hey Daren,

The mods and I decided to shut this thread down after some discussion. The primary reasons for shutting it down are:
1) If someone has something to offer or sell, then it should be posted in in the Sales Trades & Wants section of the forum with a named priced. This way all trades and dealings with other members are carried out in a transparent manner. Silent auctions are open to fraud.
2) FlytrapCare isn't an auction site. If you have something to sell, name your price. Otherwise sell on eBay or some other auction style site.
3) This "silent auction" does nothing to promote or support the forum and adds nothing in the way of useful content for other members.
4) The FlytrapCare Forum is more about sharing information and excess plants with other members than it is about making money off of them. This silent auction borders on the latter.

I highlighted the exact post you can see that it wasnt directed at one person ..... ;) .

Hope this helps ....lol

Daren
By bombsboy
that still was a nice pitcher plant though :D
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!