FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By TCStallion6
i was just wondering what kind of carnivorous plants could i also put inside a green house with venus flytraps?
By Matt
As mitch said, you can pretty much put any kind of carnivorous plant in a greenhouse with flytraps. You don't say where you live, but if you live somewhere with cold winters, and the greenhouse is unheated, you're better off sticking with temperate CPs. All Sarracenia, many Drosera and some Pinguicula are temperate.
By TCStallion6
I live in west texas, zone 8. I was also wondering if i could put some nepenthes in there too?
By snapperhead51
TCStallion6 wrote:I live in west texas, zone 8. I was also wondering if I could put some nepenthes in there too?
Hi
not sure what climate you have there as I live in South Australia , may be similar ?? summer here is hot and dry low humidity, temp up to 45 c some times a bit more that's about 115 f,winter is mild day temp 10 to 15 c night 2 to 8 c , I grow neps here in my green house very well ,because of the winter temp only grow highland and intermediate neps' not in a glass house but a polycarbonate house (25 meters long and about 5 m wide) ,similar though , I use a very large evaporative cooler in summer to get the heat out and just ventilation in winter like a fan, during the day time , my neps do well hope this helps
J
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!