FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Doomsday
Well the tupperwre is now about 2 inches, will they be ok until I repot them??? They are currently indoors and I think I will keep thrum indoors until they are bigger. In new york will they overheat if I put them in a pot that is about 6 inches deep and 5 inches wide??? Also, they are in pure sphagnum. Can I always keep them in that??? If no do I have to replant them now in a different mix???? I guess I can buy some perlite and silica sand but since they only sell large bags by me I didn't want to buy until these pplants were more on their way.

And please check out my thread in the vft general care forum because I popstedpics.. Oh and the bag is off now.
By goldslinger
Yea, they will be fine. They will really like the sphagnum as the roots will meet little resistance to grow. Right now the roots are very short.

I posted on the General Care thread of Yours.

Good luck!

Gary
By Doomsday
Anyone got anything??? I can mail a couple dollars for some high want plants or pay with pay pal if it's worth more than a few bucks.

Looking for fts crimson sawtooth. Sawtooth. Dente aka ryu. Red piranha
Sarracenia danas delight and more. Oh and n ventricosa
By Matt
I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, but there are Red Piranhas and Dentes for sale in the store right now. I could also get you a Crimson Sawtooth if you didn't mind one that's been growing under lights. Steve and I will also have some Akai Ryu listed for sale shortly.

There are also Dana's Delight and N. ventricosas for sale in the store.
By Doomsday
How big are the danas and the ventricosa???? I am a pitcher boob so i don't wanna kill a baby plant and spend a fortune lol.. Same questi. For the
Iranah and fts crimson sawtooth. If they are decent sizes Ill probably place an order.
By Matt
The Dana's are medium sized plants with pitchers 6 to 8 inches tall. The N. ventricosas I have left are fairly small, but I've been compensating by sending multiples.

Red Piranha and Crimson Sawtooth would be our "young" size.
By Doomsday
How big are the Judith Hindle pitchers going to be when i et it and about how many? Also, how big do they get at adult size? Are they easy to care for?

Also, is the red piranha young size seedling size because i am not ready to care for babies just yet, ie how big are the leaves and traps?

I may be placing an order on those two depending on the answers.

Ill probably wait a few months for your crimson sawtooth's to get to decent size before i order on of those
By Matt
All Sarracenia are quite easy to care for, probably the easiest of all carnivorous plants. Initially you asked about the size of S. x Dana's Delight plants, now you're asking about S. x Judith Hindle. Did you mean Dana's Delight? Judith Hindle pitchers are fairly small right now, I'd guess less than 3 inches. But I do have some adult-sized plants that I just put in stock. They have usually have 4 to 6 pitchers somewhere around 8" to 10", maybe taller and maybe more pitchers.
Doomsday wrote:Also, is the red piranha young size seedling size because i am not ready to care for babies just yet, ie how big are the leaves and traps?
Have you read our sizing chart?
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/sizing-chart
The size of the plant can vary from plant to plant, so we don't list specific measurements like you're asking. I can say that they're definitely not babies. We don't sell baby plants unless we specifically label them as such, like for this product:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/venus- ... llars.html
By alabama
i got a very nice size judith hindle its 3 plants in one also,
i would definitely make a trade for some b52s =]
private message me and ill send a picture for you to look at! (other then that the trade will be done on this topic)
By Matt
Doomsday wrote:Matt could i get a pic of the judith hindle, red piranha and crimson sawtooth? If i could it would make my dcision so much easier.
There are a few photos of Red Piranhas on the forum from people that bought one in the store. There were some better ones, but I can't find them now, but here's one:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/new-r ... tml#p61563

I don't have any photos handy of the Crimson Sawtooth and I'd rather not take any photos by request of plants because it could quickly snowball into a huge headache of taking photos of individual plants for people and then trying to remember which plant I took a photo of for which person when it comes time to ship. I think you already have enough information from what I've written in previous posts to make a decision about whether or not you want the plants. The mature sized Judith Hindles are incredible looking right now. The young ones are also quite gorgeous but are still fairly small. I wrote about the size here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/dooms ... tml#p62334

I understand that buying online take a bit of a leap of faith since you can't see the plants, but I don't think you'd be disappointed with any plants that you ordered.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!