FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By weirdscience
This is a 3D anaglyph of a mutant double trap on a VFT you will need a pair of red/blue glasse to see it in 3D.
You can get a free pair of glasses at the following site:
http://www.3dglasses.net/free3d.htm

By Steve_D
I just ordered a pair of anaglyph red/blue-cyan glasses so I could see this. (I've wanted a pair for a couple years anyway, because I became interested in 3-D stereography and have vacillated between producing anaglyphs or cross-eyed stereograms.)

I wish I had done this last year, when one of my Venus Flytraps had a single petiole that divided into two, and each branch of the petiole had two traps attached to it, for a total of 4 traps on one petiole. :mrgreen:

Steve
By WORMSS
We don't have such stamps here :(

they really must remember there are other countries
By weirdscience
This is a cross view 3D of the same plant, you view by crossing your eyes until you see 3 images and focus on the center image and it will be 3D.
BTW this was taken of a plant at California Carnivores in 2004
Craig
Last edited by weirdscience on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By weirdscience
This 3D photo was done wilth 1 camera, you first take a left image then keeping the camera the same you slide it to the right and take the right image this is called the cha-cha method it is the best method to use when making 3D macros of anything that does not move I then use a program called StereoPhoto Maker to to align the images. I also have a couple of twin camera rigs made from Canon cameras running a replacement firmware that allows me to do action shoots in 3D
I will be going to California Carnivores this next month and plan to do a 3D shoot of their entire collection and then the images will be available on their web site.

You don't need to worry about whether you want to make anaglyphs, cross, or parallel view you just save the image with a different name and you can make all of them. I prefer cross or parallel views best because the colors are true and the detail is better.

Craig
By WORMSS
HAHARRR!! the duel image thing I can do :D thank you...

WOW doing it for about 3 minutes reallly REALLLY messes up ur eyes, im having trouble focusing back to normal...
[thats what u get for zooming in on a 24" wide screen]
Keep them comming, they are cool!
By Adam
oh man.. my eyes are going to stay crossed forever now...

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!