FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By marvic
DSCF2063.JPG
DSCF2063.JPG (403.02 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
I bought the above D.capensis about 2 weeks ago and it was looking very bad but I bought it all the same thinking that it is not having enough sunlight...I acclimate it and now is in full sun but still doing not so fine (actually very bad!!)...Thinking about it, it may be mineral built up, I flushed it couple time with distilled water. Any suggestions?
DSCF2069.JPG
DSCF2069.JPG (363.29 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
My typical caught couple bugs but the far right trap did not sealed.....it has been like that for 3 days now. Can it be that the bug caught is too big and the trap will reopen without digesting the thing??

Thanks
By Oblivion
1) sometimes its better to replant them in fresh soil so you know how old it is and what it contains.
you have about 3 or 4 plants in there from what i can tell at a glance, so if they were mine i'd definately repot them out individually or into a trough to give them more freedom.. you can also experiment with different conditions and learn what they respond to best (eg how much sun they get)

2) trap may open. but since its been 3 days i'd say its probably going to turn black and die. yes, the bug was probably too big.
no need to cry for his loss, he'll just grow another.
By marvic
1) Yeah I think it's a great idea to repot but u know what...i took couple more pics of the plant and noticed a bug, now I went to take a look at it and i've seen lots of them!!! (greenish/brownish tiny bugs). they'll probably the source of the prob...what do u think?? below is the pic hope it shows:
DSCF2064 - Copy.JPG
DSCF2064 - Copy.JPG (57.42 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
Are those spider mites??

2) Ok cool, thanks for the opinion....not gonna cry dont u worry, the traps are constantly dying and replaced by new once now i got used to it ;)
By marvic
Hi Matt, do u think it will work if I submerge the plants in distilled water for some hours?? Also, i have put the Capensis near my VFT can the aphids attack the VFT now??
Thank u for the intervention !!
By marvic
I found the info in the forum no need to ans :D .Now that I know what they are was easy to search for answers. Thanks a lot Matt.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!