FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By HarrisAz
how many vft can a mature vft produce in 1year?
By Linguist__
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean how many new venus fly traps can you get from one venus fly trap through various methods of propagation - seeds, leaf pullings etc? Or do you mean how many traps does a mature venus fly trap produce in one year? Or do you mean something completely different?
By HarrisAz
THE DIVIDING.how many plants can it obtain a year by dividing(leaf pulling)
By Doomsday
Well division and pullings are different. Division is when the plant naturally splits which i am pretty sure isn't too often, and pullings are when you pull off a leaf and try to get it to strike, or grow roots and a plantlet. with One planti would say not to many if you are not an experienced grower, but once you have like 3 itl go faster.
By Matt
As Doomsday says, pullings and divisions are completely different things.
HarrisAz wrote:THE DIVIDING.how many plants can it obtain a year by dividing(leaf pulling)
That's an impossible question to answer. It depends on how much you want to stress out your plant, how skilled you are getting pullings to strike and how much luck you have. Yes, it seems to me that luck plays a role in how many plants you'll get from a single pulling.

I once bought a VFT in a death cube and brought it home and tore it completely apart. I pulled every leaf off the rhizome. There was a bit of rhizome and roots left and I potted that up. The leaf pullings all struck. I think I ended up with 50+ plants after 2 years or so. Some of them are still small this year (that was three years ago).
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!