FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By donciukas
Hello everyone. I want to know, what would be the price to send VFT seeds from USA to Lithuania. Maybe someone lives in Europe and could send me some seeds? Maybe someone has free seeds and could send me? No, that would be a miracle, I guess... :(
Thank you.
By Oblivion
you will need to check out CITES and make sure customs will allow them.

any country that is a member of CITES *may* confiscate your plants at customs as i believe they are, to some degree, a protected species.

sorry, i have no idea how you go about getting "CITES" paper work done but here is a link to the website..

i hope its of some help to you and your fly trap endeavours

http://www.CITES.org
By Steve_D
donciukas wrote:I want to know, what would be the price to send VFT seeds from USA to Lithuania.
Not much at all; probably less than 2 U.S. dollars for postage. If Lithuania permits import of seeds, you could buy very fresh Venus Flytrap seeds from Matt and me (from FlytrapStore.com by special email arrangement because you are outside the U.S.) in just 2-3 weeks. I have begun this year's seed harvest of my plants already. (It is June 5 as I write.)

Unlike live plants, seeds can be shipped to almost any country without special permits or forms.

So if you would like to buy some fresh Venus Flytrap seed in 2-3 weeks, just write to sales@flytrapcare.com and Matt or I (or both of us) will respond.

Best wishes,
Steve
By Steve_D
Oblivion wrote:so CITES covers live plants, but not seeds?
I'm not sure whether seeds collected from wild plants would be covered by CITES endangered species rules. I don't think so (although collecting seed from the wild may be illegal for other reasons in some cases, like on private property or in a nature reserve), but I would need to check that.

Seeds are exempt from phytosanitary requirements, and most countries allow import of seed with little or no inspection upon entering the country. Japan is a notable exception, with rather stringent seed import rules and legal formalities.
By donciukas
moof , I can't believe it... Is it possible for a VFT to be 5-8 cm ?!
"Dionaea muscipula `Pink Venus`
Size: 5 - 8 cm
Description: nice red clone, nice teeth, nice colours on full sun
Price: 6 € "
And there was even VFTs for free. I mean 0$ . So is that possible too? I can't believe it...
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!