FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Crispy
Hello everyone. I was looking to see if anyone could send some seeds my way. I don't care what they are. My collection is limited to a venus fly trap, a purple pitcher, and a sundew. I'm not sure on what kind they are individually. I got them from a Home Improvement store called Lowes. I'm looking to grow my collection with any kind of carnivorous plant. If anyone has extra seeds, please PM me. I live in the United States. I would prefer not to pay too much in post. I appreciate it. Crispy :o :mrgreen:
By Steve_D
Hi Chris-- I received your request by email for Dionaea seeds and as per my offer in the seed bank discussion thread they'll be shipped tomorrow.

Be sure to read Matt's great article here at FlytrapCare.com about propagating Venus Flytraps including germinating and growing from seed. ;)

-Steve
By Crispy
Steve_D wrote:Hi Chris-- I received your request by email for Dionaea seeds and as per my offer in the seed bank discussion thread they'll be shipped tomorrow.

Be sure to read Matt's great article here at FlytrapCare.com about propagating Venus Flytraps including germinating and growing from seed. ;)

-Steve
THANK YOU!!!!
By Steve_D
italo.americano wrote:Steve,

I just want to thank you for doing this for our membership!
Giovanni

Thanks, Giovanni. I've shipped out several seed packets to FlytrapCare.com members so far, including one to a member in Turkey. :)
By Crispy
Also, I would really like sundew plants or seeds. I like the sparkle they give off
By donciukas
Hi, I have some questions (my english is not very good :? )
1. So that's not really possible to grow Akai Ryu or Fused tooth (for example) , from a seed, I guess... Well, we will see what we'll grow :)
4. So how would you suggest for me to water the seeds, if I would grow them in a simple pot. To just spray the seeds with water; always fill the tray with water; spray and keep the water in the tray?
Thank you very much.
By tc3driver
donciukas wrote:Hi, I have some questions (my english is not very good :? )
1. So that's not really possible to grow Akai Ryu or Fused tooth (for example) , from a seed, I guess... Well, we will see what we'll grow :)
4. So how would you suggest for me to water the seeds, if I would grow them in a simple pot. To just spray the seeds with water; always fill the tray with water; spray and keep the water in the tray?
Thank you very much.
hi donciukas,

From my understanding, if you are growing from seed, no matter what it came from it is a typical. That is not to say there won't be genetic mutations, just that they are still called a typical. Named plants are only cultivars.

Your english is ok... we need to work on your counting for now :P

Seeds like to be kept moist, but the best info is here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/growing-venu ... seeds.html
By OR1ON
:lol:

I didnt even catch that one.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!