FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By carnivorous1123
well trap was inside another trap and i thought i got to move it (bad idea) when i move it i mustve moved the trigger leafs and it closed over the actuall trap will it be ok? and also i have about 11-12 traps on one plant does this mean that that is more than one plant?
By Andrew
I think that there needs some movement to actually start the digestive process inside of a trap, so as long as you dont touch the traps, the trap should open up after a couple days and then your ( being eaten ) trap will be fine. I'm not sure about the 11-12 trap things, but I think that if it looks like there are two plants growing, then you could possibly divide them.
Last edited by Andrew on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew liked this
By Matt
carnivorous1123 wrote:and also i have about 11-12 traps on one plant does this mean that that is more than one plant?
The number of traps you see doesn't necessarily indicate anything about the number of plants. If you see traps emerging from two or more growth points, then you likely have more than one plant.
Matt, Matt liked this
By heathenpriest
I wouldn't be in a hurry to divide the plants, even if you're sure you have more than one. I usually wait until mine appear pretty crowded before I divide and re-pot. Also, it seems like if I divide them into smaller clumps, rather than individuals, they recover and continue to multiply quicker. Maybe that's because less damage is done to the rhizomes, or maybe it's because older plants are mixed with younger ones in the clumps; but for whatever reason, they seem to look better If I don't separate every single individual.

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!