FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Doomsday
I will post a pic tommorow of my capensis 'red'

I havent cut it at all or transplantedit in a good 2-3 months now. The last time i took off some dead leaves and one healthy one to float they all failed and then it put up smaller leaves. Like the leaves came up as about 1-2 inches at first and they are slowly increasing in size now. It is putting up a steady stream of leaves at a nice pace now. Kep in mind when it arrived from flytrapstore it hade 3-4 inch leaves. Now all of its new leaves are full of dew.

Cutting?
If so should i float it or stick it directly in the soil next to the "mother plant"?? I would transplant it when it grows a baby plant if i put it in the soil..
By Ronnie
you seem very determined to take leaf cuttings..
There is no "right way" to take a leaf cutting.
Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt.. But, the success is higher if you get as much of the "core" of the place when you pull it the better. And if you supply warm conditions under indirect light.
Some people stand the leaf up in the soil.. Some lie it flat slightly in the soil so that it stays moist.. Some float it in water..

All have worked, just experiment. Only do it with a healthy plant and don't over stress it..

Ron.
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!