FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Doomsday
HEY EVERYONE!!!! IM BACK AFTER BEING REALLY RALLY USY FOR A MONTH!!!! SO JUST AN UPDATE:
MY NEP DIED BUT ITS ALL GOOD I STILL HAVE MY CAPE SUNDEW~!

MY CAPENSIS RED IS DOING WELL AND PUTTING UP NEW LEAVES AT A NIE RATE. ALTHOUGH THE NEW LEAVES ARE KINDA SMALL. BUT I GUESS THAT IS FROM THE SHIPPING STRESS FROM 2 MONTHS AGO AND A LITTLE CUTTING OFF OF UGLY LEAVES I DID :) (THEY WERE LIKE DECAYING SO I TRIMMED THEM AND PUT THEM IN WATER BUT THEY DIDNT STRIKE :( ) HOWEVER I AM HAPPY BECAUSE THE NEW LEAVES ARE GETTING DEW ON THEM NOW AFTER LOSING IT TO A SMALL NO WATER PERIOD (I WAS BUSY AND FORGOT) AND ONE WRAPPED AROUND A FOOD PELLET SO THEY ARE VERY MUCH ALIVE.

Anyways! My trade thread is back up for action!
By bombsboy
wait a min... how did the nep die?!? so sorry to hear that btw.
By goldslinger
I can donate several baby b-52's that I had to deflask out of Tissue Culture prematurely. They are Genuine (not seed grown) and hardened, but will take a few weeks to look like a B-52's as they all do when freshly out of culture.

I have to send a Green Dragon to someone else and I can add this to the trip to the Post Office.

They will be sent bare root.

Gary
By OR1ON
I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR A B-52!!! How many do you have???
By Doomsday
Oh sweet!!!!!! Coach mancusso as of right niw I do not have any vfts but check back son and I probably willc
Goldslinger,!!!!!!! I would LOVE some b52's that would be awesome!!!!
I am personal messaging u as i speak
By goldslinger
Your B-52 babies shipped Today, Priority.
Will edit this post later with tracking number for You!

WOHOOO! I'm finally in the Hall of Fame for Something in My life ! :D
Gary
By Doomsday
THEY CAME THEY CAME THEY CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put them about 1/3 - 1/2 inch in a tupperware with aa hole on the bottom and freshly watered sphagnum moss with no dye or chemicals.

Is they ok?
By Doomsday
Ya they Came In great condition and are resting nicely now. Anything special I need to do? How should I care for them now? Do I just keep them in sunlight in their Tupperware which is in an open ziplock bag??
How wet do I need to keep them and when should I begin to see growth???

I'm so happy! Thanks amillion bro!
By goldslinger
Are You growing indoors or outdoors? The care will be a little different. On these little guys, I would try for moist soil conditions and not soggy all of the time; this will encourage root growth, and inhibit rhyzome rot.

It is good if the tupperware container is fairly deep; maybe 3 inches? I would take off the bag; I've hardened them off to lower humidity conditions, and higher humidity encourages fungus, too. I would repot in a few weeks to their own plastic drinking cup or pot that is deeper yet with holes cut in the bottom. VFT'S really like to have deep pots and it is easier to keep the roots wet and the rhyzome moist that way. It also makes it easier for You to regulate the watering, because if You forget a water Day with a shallow pot, they may dry completely and die, but a deeper pot may give You some wiggle room. If growing outside, go with a much wider and deeper pot than they could possibly want, as this will ensure the roots won't cook in the hot weather. If it's hot, then it is impossible to overwater; keep them very moist to very wet all of the time with a tray of water at all times.

The care guide here is good. It's on the front page.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!