FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By Oblivion
everytime i enter bunnings (a huge hardware/garden store) i am drawn to the small tray of CP's like metal to a magnet.

im always wondering if they have any new cultivars i dont have, and i like to see if their CP's are still kicking.
i see their VFT's are entering dormancy and to the untrained eye would look like they are dying. black traps everywhere, very little colour... poor lil' fella's.

all of a sudden i see baby Neps! wow, i pick it up and they all have pitchers growing too hehe.
i picked one for rescue, it was actually 2 plants with a nice amount of pitchers on them.
im not sure if i should put them in the mini bog with the other cp's till they grow up a bit more, or if i should give them their own pots.

i also seen these all red sarra's, so i grabbed one for the collection anyway. (no idea where they will fit in, but ill make room ;)

and finally, in the last pic you can see i got "gomez" a new, larger hanging pot. is it too big or is this fine? i thought he's always looked like a big plant in a little pot?

By kittyklaws
Cool plants! :D The neps, look like ventricosa to me, but sorry, :lol: I have no clue what type of sarr that is. We'll wait for someone more experienced to identify it ;)
Congrats on the new plants! :)
By Oblivion
thanks people.. i was wondering if the baby nep's are alata? the tag with the plant says its a species that grows well in the cooler climates, which tells me possibly highland nep? and alata is a highland... *scratches chin and ponders thought*
the largest pitcher on the baby neps is an orange top half, looks a lot like a nep alata?

KG: thanks for the link, interesting to note the file name + image path says "sarracenia courtii". all the pics i find of google images are the spitting image of "big red".

psittiata looks very similar also.

i think we've narrowed it down to either sarra psittiata or courtii though.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!