FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Hello!

I was reading about TC and it caught my attention!
i want to know what's really the difference between sterile water/Ro water & distilled water?

Thanks
By jht-union
Hello!

I was reading about TC and it caught my attention!
i want to know what's really the difference between sterile water/Ro water & distilled water?

Thanks
By Xeno
sterile water is water that is sterile from fungi, bacteria etc :p Ro water is water that have passed throw a ro unit with diff membrane filters that clean the water to the max if its ok filters. Distilled water is battery water that you can buy in the store. I hope I did get it right hehe..
Xeno liked this
By jht-union
I might use it for vft seeds in the future, also where can i get 91% ethanol alcohol?, the rest i know where to find it. Do you guys think is better to put them in 2 to 3 minutes sterile water, Ro water or distilled water,are they all the same for this use , or it has to be sterile water for sterilizing seeds? please help this is confusing.

Thanks!!!!!!!
By Xeno
hm for sterilize seeds its just to use 10sec ethanol alcohol and after that 10% bleach solution for about 10 min then make 3 rinses in sterile water then plate them on medium. All this have to be done in sterile area for it to work.
Xeno liked this
By Matt
Sterile water is water that's been sterilized by running it through a pressure cooker (or other method of completely killing/removing all bacteria and spores). RO water is water that's been ran through a reverse osmosis filter. And distilled water is water that's been distilled. Distillation is the process of capturing and condensing vapor (i.e. boiling water and collecting the vapor).
Matt liked this
By Steve_D
One can sterilize tap water, but although sterile it will still be (usually, depending on region) high in TDS (total dissolved solids), whereas both distilled water and water from reverse osmosis will be low in TDS, but perhaps not sterile.
Steve_D liked this
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!