FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Andrew
Hello, its been awhile since I've been on the site, because I have been busy a lot with school. A couple months ago, I decided to try to grow some VFT's from seed, and did not succeed. I was wondering if anyone could send me some VFT seeds to Canada. It would be greatly appreciated. Also, could someone give me a link to the best way to grow a VFT from seed?

Edit: I think the reason that my other seeds did not grow was because I bought them from somebody off of ebay, and when I received them, more then 50% of them were brittle and fell apart when handled.
Last edited by Andrew on Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By emmalish
You can buy them from Keehn's Carnivores in the Okanagan. I've just ordered some but haven't received them yet. I think it's 25 seeds for $5? Something like that. They're who I've gotten all my adult plants from as well.
By MichaelG
If you can wait for a couple weeks/ a month or two, I'll have some from my typical flytrap that is blooming right now.
By Andrew
Okay MichaelG. I will still be looking for seeds but I will just buy a whole plant first, then once you have seeds, I can go from there. Thanks.
By MichaelG
No problem. I should have hundreds of seeds if all my plants with flower stalks will produce seed. I'll have seed from a typical, akai ryu, big jaws, dente, and pink venus. Of course, since they are all going to be growing from seed they will be unnamed clones, or "typical" variety plants but they should inherit some cool characteristics! I would love to sell/give you a grown plant but I cannot ship to Canada, unfortunately. I can ship seeds, however, so no worries.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!