FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Carl
mkburleson wrote:It does seem to me that the description of 'Bohemian Garnet' is very simimliar to 'Pink Venus'
Hi Mary, if you could see the two side by side there are big differences in the teeth. The 'Bohemian Garnet' is also known as Red Sawtooth and it is a true Sawtooth. If I remember once the new traps form I'll take a picture of the two together.

Carl
By mkburleson
mlvc2002 wrote:
mkburleson wrote:It does seem to me that the description of 'Bohemian Garnet' is very simimliar to 'Pink Venus'
Hi Mary, if you could see the two side by side there are big differences in the teeth. The 'Bohemian Garnet' is also known as Red Sawtooth and it is a true Sawtooth. If I remember once the new traps form I'll take a picture of the two together.

Carl

That would be great, Thanks

Mary :)
By triffidlover
I am afraid I am going to have to bow out when it comes to ordering plants across the border or plants anywhere. I had an accident with a shopping cart the other day, and I am going to have to pay for the damage my runaway cart made. $464. So I will have to forgo ordering anything for awhile until I can pay up. So sorry. My favorite cultivar is Green Dragon by the way. I love the colour.
By Matt
jkochuni wrote:'Sawtooth' & 'Bohemian Garnet' are my favorite cultivars.
I love 'Sawtooth' as well. Do you actually have a 'Bohemian Garnet' plant? If so, where did you get it? That one is near the top of my want list.
By Devon
I'm HOPEFULY getting "red sawtooth" from Bestcarnivorousplants next year along with a few other clones and cultivars.
By NZL
My favourite is Fused Tooth or Teeth :s but atm it's still missing in my collection
By afh928
Hands down Bohemian Garnet. It is just an absolutely amazing cultivar to me..i am infatuated, lol. ;)
By Caleboy 123
I like the homemade cultivar Jaws.
Somebody wanted a vft that looks like a shark, so they bred a dentate for it's spiky teeth and a B52 for it's big trap.
By Redneck_Angel
I have developed a fascination nearing on obsession with Scarlet Bristle, probably because it's a Canadian Cultivar :lol: That and the red colouration, which completely has my adoration in all the red cultivars.
By Adam
I agree. I'm quite liking my scarlet bristle. Can't wait for it to grow larger.
By Carolyn
I like cupped flytraps.. although I tried them once and they died on me. TTnTT but I just like the way they are so cupped shaped it makes them look so cute! ^__^
By dionaea muscipula
allenc666 wrote:mines is Typical, Fused tooth, Red Piranha, and B52

allen,
i thought you said that you hated all the cultivars exempted typical

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same th[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!