FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Xeno
Matt and Steve is it ok to ask how you two guys work ? Its Matt who propogate them and also got a smaller greenhouse for some vfts etc there. Steve you got the bigger greenhouse and the more space for many vfts ?
Its just funn to know how its build up I guess. Sorry iff this was offtopic..
By Matt
Xeno wrote:Matt and Steve is it ok to ask how you two guys work ? Its Matt who propogate them and also got a smaller greenhouse for some vfts etc there. Steve you got the bigger greenhouse and the more space for many vfts ?
No trouble at all to ask. Steve and I currently have about the same amount of greenhouse space. I might have slightly more than him in area, but I think his is roomier. I do all of the micropropagation work and Steve grows the plants and does a lot of other odds and ends type of work like graphics, listing products, answering emails, etc.

I have the ability to expand my growing space if I need to, which I'll likely have to do this summer once I start deflasking more plants. I (with the help of my father) just finished insulating and drywalling the garage in our house. To my wife's dismay, I plan to put up a couple more grow racks in the garage and during the spring, summer and fall, I can grow plants outside as well on the deck and patio. Unfortunately Steve can't expand his growing set up with the ease that I can because growing outside where he lives isn't really an option. He's out of greenhouse room and can't set up another small greenhouse because the strong winds where he lives would tear it down in less than a year. I'm trying to convince him to relocate somewhere here in southern Oregon or northern California so that he can expand and be much closer :)
By watnazn
Sorry you have to deal with that Matt :(. I can take those off your hands if there too much trouble. Haha just kidding. It's amazing how fast they grow compared to seed.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!