FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By sjakala
I have had my Ventricosa for two years and I have finally gotten it to start creating pitchers. How did this happen? Well I bought it from leows in a cube, It was idk 2 or 3 inches high and had some decent size leaves on it. I took it out of the cube, B/C I read that they can get used to the lack of humidity. I left it out in a bright sunnny windowsill for months. The pitchers browned and the leaves browned as well. Winter was approaching so I thought ah well it should be fine. You know how the leaves unfold out of eachother? well without the plant being covered the leaf would just trap the new leaves forming. I covered the plant with a clear plastic saucer with lots of holes for aeration. Finally the damn leaf opened and the smaller leaves could come out. 3 or 4 unfurrled and it looked like a tiny palm tree. Idk maybe just the baby ones need that humidity or something. Hopefully when it gets older and bigger it wont need to be fully covered. Anyone else have this problem?
By CN-
I have no problems what so ever with my Vent must have to do a lot with your conditions.

Daren
By CPcaregiver
sjakala wrote: I read that they can get used to the lack of humidity. I left it out in a bright sunnny windowsill for months. The pitchers browned and the leaves browned as well.
Well,that sounds a lot like a lack of humidity,that would be the likely culprit,some pics would help further diagnosis.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!