FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By JAlbers
Hello since I know nothing I was wondering about pots, I've been told African Violet Pots but they aren't very deep. Thanks for listening. Please include links.
By Matt
My favorite pot is a 16 oz foam beverage cup because they are quite deep and well insulated. You can get 20 of them at Dollar Tree in the US, so the price is right.

For larger pots, I like the insulated polyurethane foam pots for the same reasons as the 16 oz foam cups, but they're much more expensive.
By JAlbers
When should I water it. Should I use a saucer or just manually.
By Steve_D
If you can keep your eye on it every day, it will make a very healthy and hardy plant to water it only when it really needs it, when the soil has dried to just moist. If you can't watch it as closely, you can put it in a tray or bowl of water, but make sure that the water isn't too deep (1/2 - 3/4 inch is probably sufficient) and allow the water to be used completely up, then wait for a day or two before adding more water if you can, unless the plant wilts badly.

The thing to aim for with Venus Flytraps (unlike some other carnivorous plants) is "moist, not wet," which means that they don't like to be in soggy, waterlogged medium all the time; it can cause fungal and bacterial rot and even death. So don't overwater, and don't worry too much. :)

Steve

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!