FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By vft_123
I am looking to start germinating VFTS and if anyone has any spare seeds i would be more than happy to take them off your hands
please email me if you have any spares. my email address is paul_gisbourne@hotmail.co.uk
P.S. as i am quite young and have no method of payment and it would be much appreciated if i could just have a few for free ( if germination is successful i will send some seedlings in return)
Many Thanks
Paul.
By Adam
Either Matt or Steve D. would probably be able to send you some. I would but unfortunately I haven' allowed any of my VFTs to flower this year.
By vft_123
Just a quickie, for all of you VFT breeders out there.
How long does it take for the first flowering after germination?
Many Thanks
Paul
By Adam
At least 2 years - on average it's more like 5 - 7 years? (that's what I read, if anyone can correct this, please do). If you tissue culture, it will be much sooner.
By Aging_Bourbon
well i'd say 3-5 years.. for me hmm.. this makes me think :? damn.. anyways yea

allen,
By Matt
Adam wrote:At least 2 years - on average it's more like 5 - 7 years? (that's what I read, if anyone can correct this, please do). If you tissue culture, it will be much sooner.
That's pretty much right. I think average is probably 3 to 5 years. I've had plants in TC flower after 3 months though...heh.
By lemonlily
Is that normal? Wait, I've asked that already... Oops. :oops:
By theflytrapboy
if you skip dormancy for the first year, its about 2 years. if you dont, its about 3-4. i made a request like this one too. i also have no method of payment, just saying! i think you know what that means. ( lol i love speaking in code!) but yeah thats about it. there easy to grow from seed if you know what youre doing.
By MichaelG
I will have seed soon. If there is a surplus I will be happy to send a pack to each of you! I should know in a couple of weeks. I have 5 VFTs flowering and 5 d. capensis flowering.
By theflytrapboy
i cut the flower stalk off of most of mine and i wont be giving any away because of the fire and the mass amount of plants lost, but next year ill be an active seller/trader here on the forum!

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!