FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By dmagnan
An 'Akai Ryu', 'red burgundy', 'royal red', or 'jaws'? I only have 1 VFT right now so I'd have to just buy it. Alternatively, if anyone has seeds, I'd be interested in trying that too. I think I may have found a new hobby. Thanks,

Dave
By manzano167
Seeds are mostly not for begginers its better to pick a mature plant oh and the seeds from any kind of plant will not look like their parents they will still have some genetics though hope this helps
By Matt
I have a ton of Red flytraps on my grow rack right now. Several of them are large enough that they're ready for new homes. If you'd like, I could add one to the store so you could purchase it. Would you prefer to get it potted or bare root?
Matt liked this
By OR1ON
Matt PLEASE!!!! I need a red flytrap!! Please add some to the store!! I ordered an Akai Ryu from somewhere else but from what i heard, some people have had problems with them. What kind do you have?
Last edited by OR1ON on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt
OR1ON wrote:Matt PLEASE!!!! I need a red flytrap!! Please add some to the store!! I ordered an Akai Ryu from somewhere else but from what i heard, some people have had problems with them. What kind do you have?
They're all unique seed-raised plants.
dmagnan wrote:well, potted would be better for the plant, right?
Nah, it won't matter in this case because I have to uproot the plant to get it out of the pot it's in right now because it shares a pot with three other plants.
dmagnan wrote:I'm curious--if you self-pollinate or mate identical strains, why would the progeny be different?
Yes, you can self-pollinate a red flytrap and end up with green babies. Self-pollinating a flytrap doesn't produce babies that are identical to parent plant.

OK, your guys' wish is my command ;) I'll add a couple of bare-root red flytraps to the store. If you prefer a potted one, let me know.
Matt liked this
By OR1ON
THANKS!!!!! Would potted and bare-root be priced differently??
By Matt
OR1ON wrote:THANKS!!!!! Would potted and bare-root be priced differently??
You're very welcome! :)

Yes, there is a price difference between the potted and bare-root options. Because of the added cost of the pot and the amount of time and extra materials required to package it properly, the potted option is $3.50 more than the bare root option and the shipping is quite a bit higher as well due to the extra weight of the soil.

If you'd prefer a potted one, I could do a quick check of my inventory. I think I have a red potted flytrap sitting somewhere in along with all of the TC babies.
By OR1ON
Well, whatever is easiest for you. I have supplies for potting it myself so that might be fine.
By Matt
prnd2l wrote:Anyone else with a red variety? Im looking for something too. This is my first VFT.
I have three of them potted and sitting on my grow rack. If you're interested, I could add them to the stock in the store.
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!