FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By vtrap
"big jaws" putting up a stalk :D tyvm fts
nick&karen 011.JPG
nick&karen 011.JPG (561.86 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
nick&karen 012.JPG
nick&karen 012.JPG (663.99 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
"dentate" also putting up a stalk :D
nick&karen 013.JPG
nick&karen 013.JPG (556.27 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
nick&karen 014.JPG
nick&karen 014.JPG (437.04 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
"big jaws" "dentate""red" venus flytrap
nick&karen 017.JPG
nick&karen 017.JPG (541.77 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
"red piranha" thanks for the tc clump :D
nick&karen 018.JPG
nick&karen 018.JPG (414.9 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
all of the lil guys together
nick&karen 019.JPG
nick&karen 019.JPG (692.08 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
needless to say i am a verry happy man :D :D :D ! i got everything i wanted and they look great! and there all putting up stalks :D thank you verry much for the tc clump, i do have a question about it tho, some of the open traps have another open trap inside of them, from another leafe, should i pull the leaves apart to seperate them? or leave them be?

i love purchasing from the venus flytrap store, and there will be many more in the future ;)

Thanks alot guys, your doing a great job,
NICK
By Matt
vtrap wrote:some of the open traps have another open trap inside of them, from another leafe, should i pull the leaves apart to seperate them? or leave them be?
You can pull them out if you'd like and don't think you'll damage the traps. Otherwise, if you leave them be, they should reopen in a couple of days. When plants are actively growing during the main part of the season, traps often grow inside of each other and I just let them be.
vtrap wrote:thank you verry much for the tc clump
You're very welcome! :)
vtrap wrote:i love purchasing from the venus flytrap store, and there will be many more in the future ;)
Awesome! Thanks for the great feedback Nick. We're going to expand our inventory of flytrap clones this year and we'll have a larger selection later this summer and even more next year. I'm excited about making many clones available to people that are currently unavailable or very hard to find in the US.
By kittyklaws
Nice! Those plants look awesome! :D
By vtrap
the red ones just a typical "red" venus flytrap nothin to fancy :lol:
By Matt
SDCPs wrote:Typical red? I have never heard of such a thing!
Nor have I :)

Steve and I decided to call them that because they're seed raised VFTs that are red in coloration. Since they're raised from seed, they aren't any particular clone. But they don't have any distinguishing characteristics that would make them warrant a name, so we decided to call them "typical" red Venus fly traps or "seed-raised" red flytraps.
By vtrap
w0ot so stamp it! "typicel red" it is! :D matt i do have a question about the tc clump i got, how large do they get? are they like the "cupped" traps i have?
By Matt
vtrap wrote:matt i do have a question about the tc clump i got, how large do they get? are they like the "cupped" traps i have?
Those were a few baby Red Piranha plants that I sent you. The Red Piranha is an average to large sized clone (much larger than Cupped Trap). They will get fairly large when they're mature. Those were fairly small (and the only ones I had out of TC and hardened off), so they may take a couple years to reach maturity.
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!