FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By theflytrapboy
1 dionea wacky traps
1 sarracenia leucophylia
if you have any of the following for trade or sale, please notify me. i might have some divisions of typical vft soon. ( enphesis on MIGHT)
oh, and some sad news: i lost 45 plants to a fire last night. some ahole tried to burn them all. that ahole is now in the hospital,lucky for me.
By kittyklaws
Awww man, that sucks :(
But I hope you get those plants on your wishlist. Good luck! :)
By theflytrapboy
thanks, the most plants i lost were these two, thats why i am trying to get some of those. i had some nice leuochphyllas but they were lost for the most part, now i only have one left :( so i am trying to get the plants back. this is especially dissapointing since i just joined here and was going to sell lots of sarracenias, now all i have is some typicals and 2 wacky traps, and my favorite neps ( same species, both M and F) that are nice and big, but other than the sarrs that were indoors and my neps, everythings gone.
By Matt
theflytrapboy wrote:now all i have is some typicals and 2 wacky traps
You have 2 wacky traps?!? Where did you get them? How large are they? Can I see some photos? I'd love to have another one to have more tissue to try to get them established in TC.
By theflytrapboy
i got them from sarracenia northwest, trusty people. they are JUST now flowering size. ill upload a photo soon. might take a while since im still trying to take some cuttings, see which plants might have been saved by the roots and which are dead.
By manzano167
Sarracenia northwest does not sell wacky traps you probably got either a typical or a dentate and i think you named it wacky traps because they might be just deformed or have tons of aphids causing this
By theflytrapboy
WHAT? well this is strange. the website claimed to be sarracenia northwest, but the website keeps on giving me an error whenever i try to return to it. i bought if from pitcherplant.com, isnt that sarracenia northweST? it obviously IS a wacky trap, however. ill post pics soon just to confirm it. and if anyone has any info on that site ( is it a scam?_) please let me know.
By theflytrapboy
hmmmmm. now this is mind boggling. well, all i know is that it is a wacky trap. there are no hairs on it at all and the traps are well, wacky! i wonder if its a scam site........
By theflytrapboy
hold on! usually i am able to get pics fast, but i am kinda busy now. but asap i will have them up!
By MichaelG
I am curious. I very much want a wacky trap. I'm sorry to hear about somebody trying to burn down your plants. I would probably shoot anyone I saw near my greenhouse. And here in the South, that is an acceptable response to trespassing.
By bombsboy
MichaelG wrote:I am curious. I very much want a wacky trap. I'm sorry to hear about somebody trying to burn down your plants. I would probably shoot anyone I saw near my greenhouse. And here in the South, that is an acceptable response to trespassing.
hehe :twisted:

im soooo sorry to hear that someone burned down your place. i have a leucophylla but the problem is... idk which one it is! :lol: i have sooo many sarrs. i got around 30 diff plants from lees bontanical gardens (lgb-cp.com) i bargained 22 for around $35 and scince his shipping is reasonablly low, (it was only around $5 lol) i was able to receive them quick! he threw in 8 extra plants including sundews VTFs and sarrs and pings. the deal was 4 pings, 6 sundews, 6 sarrs, 6 vtfs. i would recomend that to reconstruct your collection.

and by the way, maybe he was jelous of your collection...
By theflytrapboy
okay ill prob do that. i have quite a few plants that lived ( just barely) and the ones in the barn,the stables, and some parts of the yard are okay! and the nep that was expensive struck in TC, so ui guess im okay! i have tons of sarrs also.i take time each day to just look at my sarrs! there so pretty!
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!