FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By SDCPs
As the famous VFT is coming out of dormancy, now would be a great time to increase the genetic diversity of my population.

I'd just like typical vfts!
I would like typical VFTs that fit two requirements:

1) They must hold their leaves erect in the summer. I don't like ones that are a rosette year-round.
2) They must have some coloration. I don't like green ones. In fact, it would be nice to find something like in the picture below (that is a wild VFT)--or even the more extreme phenotype with red teeth.
additional) please just normal traps. I would rather not have vfts with 5 trigger hairs and mishapen cillia.

If someone had vfts with location data that would be cool. I would basically just like the wild version of the plant.

Thanks for considering!

I would like mature, healthy plants (flowering). They can be divisions, but since I want diversity I don't want several clones of the same thing.

For trade I have:

D. dichotoma-mature soon
D. capensis 'broad leaf'-mature
d. capensis 'alba'-mature
d. spatulata-mature
s. flava 'maxima'-mature
s. orephylla 'sand mountain'-mature
s. 'Judith Hindle'-small plant
s. lecophylla 'tarnok'-small plant
p. 'sethos'
p. essencaria
u. sandersonii clump

I will hang on to the sarracenia longer than the other plants. Make me an offer please!
Last edited by SDCPs on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Doomsday
all typicals get red coloration i their mouths if given enoug light, and hold their leaves up at some time. THat is why it is a tpical variety. Ones that are always rosetted are other kinds like clumped or low or stuff like that.
By SDCPs
Doomsday wrote:all typicals get red coloration i their mouths if given enough light, and hold their leaves up at some time. THat is why it is a tpical variety. Ones that are always rosetted are other kinds like clumped or low or stuff like that.
Not all. Some are green. That is how green clones came into cultivation. I WILL give these plants full sun. I just want to get together a bunch of typical with regular sized traps and normal coloration. VFTs with location data would be awesome!

I would like normal traps too. Just the norm, but genetic diversity.
By SDCPs
Doku...rubras? Gulfensis, jonesii, wherryi, minor, and B52?

If this is what you're talking about...everything is doing great! No fatalities (which are rare in my collection...besides seedlings ;-)

I'd be interested!
By MichaelG
I have some typicals but I need to see how they're going to be in the summer since you only want erect leaves for the summer. If you can wait until after my typical flowers and gives me a few seed pods, I'll divide it for you since I know how it grows. It's about 5 years old and it's from Boone, North Carolina. Before that it was raised in Charlotte, North Carolina and now it's in Raleigh, North Carolina. It's my healthiest, biggest flytrap. The traps are over an inch each right now. If you're interested in a division of it, I'm interested in a dichotoma or a ping.
By SDCPs
Wait...I just want them to have the capacity to have erect leaves. How the plant behaves in its environment is up to it, but some just NEVER erect their leaves, and these are the ones I don't want.

But shure, I'd like it!

You can have the dichotoma and a ping!
Last edited by SDCPs on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By doku
Hey Ian. Sorry I hadnt responded. Got a little busy and wasnt able to get on my computer. I dont know if your still looking for some flytraps, but I can send you a few flytraps for the S. flava 'maxima' if its still available. Some of the ones im thinking of sending you are flowering for the first time this year, also i have one thats flowered twice for me before. Let me know what you think as soon as you can, I was thinking of shipping Tuesday. PM if you'd like.
SDCPs wrote:Doku...rubras? Gulfensis, jonesii, wherryi, minor, and B52?

If this is what you're talking about...everything is doing great! No fatalities (which are rare in my collection...besides seedlings ;-)

I'd be interested!
Good to hear they all survived. Thanks. 8-)
By SDCPs
I'll take them. Tuesday is today! You have like 1 hour before the PO closes at the time I have written this.

The maxima division was sent to me. It hasn't died, but hasn't put out anything but flowers yet. I think it has 3 growth points (two mature ones).

Email me: sdcarnivorousplants@gmail.com
By bombsboy
ooohh!!!

i only have about... hmmm... 10 mature vtfs. lucky for you one of my flower stalks are already like 3-4 inches high. the ohters (like 3 or 4 of them) i had cut off the flower stalk. (sorry :lol:). dont worry, some are still starting to send up the flower stalk. the "bulb" is a nice size (around a quarter of an inch from half of an inch), ill send you a pic of one when i can, im busy with Home work.

intrested in any plant you have, no particular kind at all! (well, maybe exclude the caspensis broad leaf... i have 3 of those :))

i hope you still are acepting them...
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!