FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Eric wrote:Wow where can I get those plants?
Most of those plants come from:
http://www.bestcarnivorousplants.com/di ... clones.htm

Unless we get a huge group order together here, it's likely that they are out of the price range for most US buyers.
By WORMSS
WOW Clone D05 Looks Awesome.

Looks like I could actually lose my Hand to one of them :D
By Devon
I wish I could get clumping cultivar. I really like red piranha, clumping, B52, long red fingers, fused tooth, gold strike, big mouth, low giant, sawtooth, and red sawtooth. I don't have a "favourite, but I like a lot. Sadly I don't have any of these cultivars. :(
Devon Blomquist
By Adam
Argh.. "No longer ships to Canada" ... I hate hearing that :(
By Devon
AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I was planning on buying from them next year!!!!!! (Carnivorousplantnursery) :( :( :( :(( Do "bestcarnivorousplants" ship world wide? Where else can I get cool cultivars that can be shipped to Canada?
By Adam
I'm really close to Seattle. I wonder if I could bring them over the border if I get some sort of clearance. This would do away with a supplier needing papers to ship across the border.
By triffidlover
We in Canada would really appreciate it if you could get plants across the border, but you would need a phytosanitary certificate which we would be willing to pay for, and we would work on an import permit. Then, when you reach the Canadian side, Mail them out. If you would be willing to act as some sort of agent, I am sure you would find Canadian comers mailing you the money necessary to get those cultivars like Wacky Trap. Me, I'd be one of the first with an order and a mail order to pay for them.
By Adam
Interesting. Is there something that the plants need to go through in order for them to be permitted across the border? Where do I get the forms etc to be able to do this? I do have an incorporated company that I can do this through as well.
By Matt
I don't know the details about taking plants from the US to Canada, but I think it's possible. I vaguely remember reading that you can take "a few plants" (for some reason 12 sticks out in my mind) across the border without any special paperwork. Of course, I am very uncertain about this.

Your best bet is to figure out a number for Canadian customs and give them a call, tell them what you'd like to do and see what they say you need. If they tell you that you'll need permits, also ask them about bringing a small number of plants across the border without any permits.
By Adam
Great idea. I'll give them a call. I'm actually close to Point Roberts. I live on the south edge of Vancouver where the main road makes a 90 degree turn. Point Roberts is the small part that dips across the border. I'll end up opening a PO Box there. It's a short drive for me there and back.
pointroberts.jpg
pointroberts.jpg (47.95 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF ... 29468&z=11
By triffidlover
I told you the process in my last post. Canada customs is just concerned that no insect pests or plant diseases get into Canada. That is why they require all the paperwork, like the import permit and the CITES phyosanitary certificate, so they know it is healthy and has no insect hitchikers, though it is a pain. When you attempt to cross the border they will ask you if you have any plants or plant materials. I don't want anybody trying to smuggle plants through.Then, there might be customs duties too, another problem. How many Canadians out there (besides me) might be interested in you getting things across- I don't know. Let me know, people.

By the way, the same process holds in reverese, if we try to get you plants.
By Adam
Thanks,

BTW, the big green blob south west of the Delta word on the map is a huge peat bog.
By mkburleson
My favorite cultivar is a toss up between 'Pink Venus' & 'Red Dragon'

I am also waiting & watching for 'Bohemian Garnet' to become available in the US. It does seem to me that the description of 'Bohemian Garnet' is very simimliar to 'Pink Venus'

Mary :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!