FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By mitch
hi everyone,
i had to write a myth or legend for my english assignment and its about carnivorous plants so i thought i would show everyone.
(most of it is true but you should be able to tell wich parts of the myth is fake)

Once upon a time, long, long ago, there was this guy called Mitch. He lived on the northern beaches.
He loved carnivorous plants. And he always wished he could turn everything into a carnivorous plant.
One day he was watering in his glasshouse and he found a little nepenthes seedling, and said, “I wonder if this is magical, because I definitely didn’t put that nepenthes there” so he potted it up and then searched the internet to see what species of nepenthes it was.
He found only one website on it out of the 30000000001 results on Google, and it said “this is a majestical nepenthes, believed to be extinct. The last one in cultivation died 30 years ago. This species is believed to make any wish come true, all you have to do is hold it and make a wish’’.

Mitch ran out to his glasshouse and picked up the plant and said “I wish everything I touched turned into a carnivorous plant” nothing happened, so he walked out of his glasshouse and shut the doors. As he was walking through the yard he heard a bunch of racket coming from his glasshouse, so he turned around and to his amazement, his glasshouse was a giant carnivorous plant. He walked over to it and it was huge nepenthes. He went and told his wife and she came out and saw it. She then said “well where are all the plants that were in it?” Mitch replied “ummm... I don’t know”. After days of watching it he decided to have a look in the largest trap so he pulled out a ladder and pocked his head in.
He could see his carnivorous plant collection floating in the animal eating liquid about 5metres down. After another couple of days of thinking how he could get them out he had no ideas. He knew he had to be fast before the liquid started to digest the plants.
Mitch had a brilliant and simple idea. Just tie a rope to the fence and lower him down into the trap. So Mitch tied a rope to the fence and lowered himself down into the trap and one by one brought his whole collection back onto safe ground ad grabbed the wishing nepenthes and wished everything was back to normal again.
By time he knew it his greenhouse was back and all his plants in it. Mitch was still collecting carnivorous plants in that same glasshouse until he died of a sudden heart attack at the age of 96 whilst potting up sundews. Know his son Mitch who was named after him still has that glasshouse and still maintains his massive collection and is still adding to his dead dad’s collection.

By Mitchell Nero

hope you all enjoyed!
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!