FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bombsboy
lots of leaf cuttings for regular d.caspensis
willing to trade for anything! especially dionea of any kind, or anything else!
leaf cuttings acceptable, actually anything (carnivorous plant stuff, even pots) is acceptable! just ask me and let me see if i can do a trade with you!

thanks 8-)
Last edited by bombsboy on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Doomsday
I want a bunch if cuttings for my experiment on two plants of the same age one getting fed everytime It. Has an open leaf. And the other never being fed by me.

I have one capensis red right now, but I just got it so cutting it would probably stress it even more. I am going to wait till it gets a healthy set of leaves covered in dew before I snip some off.

Do yourcuttings have any plantlets???

Would you be at all willing to donate 2 cuttings for the experiment?? I'd be glad to credit you in my documentation of it :)!!!! Please get back to me on my list dude thanks!
By bombsboy
2 cuttings or plantlets? and yes, they are already budding, i got only 3 leaves left, want to save one for me, so i can giv eyou one leaf with 4 buds on it! but ur experiment is gona have to be held back, because it takes 2-3 years to get to maturity from thesej 4 buds!

id be glad to just donate it to ya! (a leaf cutting later on would also be nice, not manditory though ;)) are you going to publish the experiment? i can put it on my website when im done.

so to sum it all up, i can give you one or two leaves, i am willing to accept anything you got (leaf cuttings or plants :lol:), but it is not reqired that you give me anything. Just pay for the postage yourself. by teh way, where do you live at (state, country, etc)
By bombsboy
more leaf cuttings available upon request. i have 3 plants, thinking about trading one plant. it is an adult, and has many leafs. nice and dewy. ill post a pic later on.

just ask me and ill bud the leaf cutting for you, so you are going to have to wait, free (but you pay for postage) or trade with me if you are nice :lol:

i want more dionea. actually any plant is fine by me, leaf cuttings already budded are nice!
By Doomsday
Thanks a million bro!!!! I am goingto publish most likely bi weekly pics and entries of the experiment and I'd be glad to let you put it on your site!!!!
Also when I do make leaf cuttings in the near future hopefully or sow some seeds I'd be more than happy to share with you!

So for the experiment, I need a few plants. Mainly two, but few plantlets would be sweeeet since I really need to grow my collection.

I plan on doing a bunch of experiments in the future.

Btw I live in NYC.

Oh and I read that capensis buds can mature to flowering size in 12 months :)!!!!!!
By bombsboy
oh likl 2 months :lo: lols

so theres 4 bugging off of one leaf, so i can just send you one leaf. i want to send it before it starts to "show signs of plants" so the shipping doesnt damage the plants. they are leary budding, you can see 4 orange/redish stubs on the trap.

okay now i gota get ready for shipping... so do i need any documents or any phytosanitary certificates? i live in CA so its gona take a long way to get to ur place, and across borders. i do not want to do anything illegal:lol:, so tell me the things i need to do (documents, how you want it packed, ext)

if you need instructions on how to root cuttings, ask me for help!!! ;)
By Doomsday
Hmm i think if you have test tubes, putting it in a test tube and then putting a bunch of crumpled newspaper in a small box should be safe for the plants...

It should keep them from bouncing around if the tube is full of water.. plus i hear that it is good dto keep them in a tube filled with water..

Also, I am not sure about the legality lol...
ANd what do you mean 2 months??? your gonna send in two months?????

Also Id be happy to return the favor in the future granted my plants dont die off which i really hope they wont. they shouldnt. and if i can successfully get cuttings or seeds.

IF its cold by you, it might be a good idea to put a small hand towel or some papertowels around the tube or jar or w/e to not let them freeze.

ITs all up to you though since ur doing me the favor :)

Also, when I get them, can i plant them straight into their normal capensis plant medium???? id put the, on a south facing window sill so maybe in a cup would be good next to my other capensis.
By bombsboy
no, i mean 2 months like thats when they grow to mature... thats what i read but w/e u may be right!

sure, ill send them in a test tube with water. then you should NOT plant them on the meduim, as they have not sprouted yet. they should be sprouting in a couple of days, the 4 red bmps of "hits" are present. probably better to send you when they are still bumps, so they dont get smashed or ect.
By bombsboy
probably this weekend or next, idk. all u gota do is pay for shipping. a leaf cutting would be nice :lol:
By bombsboy
my parents say the express mail (1-3 days) is 10$

how about just for you, scince 10$ is quite alot, ill just put all my leaves. you will get somewhere from 10-16 new plantlets (giving that all of them will live) lol, later on in the year, they will be "weeds" in your collection, thats why im starting to just give away leaves. therse are extremely hardy plants, you can cut all the leaves off, and it will keep growing! even if you with the growth point off, it will develop more shoots.

scince i am giving you alot, heres another experiment you should try:

D. caspensis decapitation
Hypotheses: if the d.caspensis is Divided in two (remove the plant from its roots), them both the roots and the plant will regenerate their missing parts.

you do not have to give me anything in return anytime soon, or ever! its up to you. ;)
By bombsboy
i will probably be shipping next week, a 25% chance it will be shipped tomorow.

i got another one
new experiment:

Hypothesis: if all of the leaves, including the growth point of a d.caspensis is clipped (you might as well do leaf cuttings, like asexual propagation :lol:) off, then the plant will create a new shoot on the stem.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!