FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Doomsday
Ok this is my official trade/sell/stock list.

These are my only rules:
I don't send first. I will be more than happy to provide you with pics of the item you will be getting with your name on a post-it if you want, but I've been internet ripped for being a nice guy. I trade other stuff online.
If something is NOT AS SPECIFIED, and I don't like it, I reserve the right to send it back if you pay for the postage, or not send anything if you don't mind. I will provide pics in this case.
I live in New York.

Hall of Famers:
GoldSlinger - Donating several B-52 hardened tissue culture vft's to me!!! (SENT JUNE 1st)

Haves:

Drosera seeds incoming (several varieties)
'Chocolate Mint' (appears to be but is not identified yet. may be ginger mint) cuttings with large roots)

Incoming:
B-52 VFT's (not sure how many - tissue culture)

MAIN WANTS:
Dionaea Muscipula 'Wacky Traps'
DIonaea Muscipula 'Red Piranha'
Dionaea Muscipula 'Sawtooth'
Sarracenia purpurea
Nepenthes (any that is easy to grow in NY that has nice big pitchers)
Drosera Regia

Wants:
Dionaea

Typical - I want a whole bunch of these to experiment with feeding and lighting and such.. and just to have a pot full of hungry mouths. I value these LOW since they are easy to come by.
Wacky Traps
Akai Ryu
Dente
Fused Tooth
Sawtooth
Bohemian Garnet
Low Giant
Big Mouth
Red Piranha
ANY OTHER LARGE OR NICELY COLORED ONES ESP PATTERNED

Drosera
REGIA
BIG EASY
Filliformis
Rotundifolia
MORE

Nepenthes
Alata!!!!!!
Ventricosa
Judith FInn

Pitchers
Any!!!!
Seeds
ANY - I want to try tissue culturing them.

DONATIONS[/u]:
If you have a big heart and want to make a plant/seed donation or a leaf/root cutting donation I'D be extremely grateful and I'll list you on this thread as a HALL OF FAMER
Remember, if I can get enough plants, I will probably be able to harvest seeds to trade/donate to others.
Last edited by Doomsday on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 17 times in total.
By MichaelG
I'm about to recieve 10 gemmae from drosera scorpiodes. I can grow them for a while to see which ones will established themselves, then I'm willing to trade for a capensis red. It's all red, yes?

Would you grow/establish a leaf cutting first to make sure it will survive before sending it?
By Doomsday
@MichaelG
That sounds cool. My drosera is a Drosera Capensis 'Red' from this store. At the moment, it only has red tentacles and paritally red leaves, but it is small too so in time it will get more red.
Also, I just recieved it, so I am going to wait for it to make a nice set of new leaves and then I'll make cuttings.
If you are willing to trade then, I'd be happy to make sure a plantlet is growing on the cutting before sending.
BTW scorpiodes is really nice. Congrats on getting some.

Do you have any other cp's?
By bombsboy
add me in! i already have a few leaf cuttings that are showing signs of "hits" ;)
By MichaelG
I do have more. I'm making some cuttings of my VFT "cross teeth" and a couple of "cup traps". It's my first time doing cuttings though so I don't know how it will go. I plan on following the procedure written on this site, so I hope it works.

I also have a few drosera rotundifolia, 2 adelae, VFT "pink venus", "akai ryu", "dente", "big jaws", and several typicals.
By Doomsday
Hmmm...

Would you be willing to trade your two Adelae?? Or two typical vfts????

I like your akai ryu too.

Basically, I want two plants of the same species to do my feeding experment kn to prove if feeding as much as possible is good or bad.

So what can you do bro??? I'm really liking the sundews and akai ryu and typical
By MichaelG
No, I'm not going to trade my 2 adelae for a while, but I'm sure I can spare a couple typical VFTs. I'm going to split my huge pot of death that started out pretty tiny. I think I'll get about 10 plants out of it tomorrow.

I'm sowing my gemmae tomorrow also, so I'll let you know how many, if any, sprout.
By Doomsday
Alright sweet. Do you have aim? If you do im me im doomsdaykillz@AOL.COM
Also, Im interested in the typical fly traps, but i really like the akai ryu and the dente. I wanna try to make a red pirhanna or whatever a dente akai ryu is lol
By MichaelG
I think it's just an akai ryu x dente. It might have some of the characteristics of a red pirhana but genetically it will be different. Remember that in order to be classified as a clone it has to have exactly the same genetic code as the originally named plant.

We could work something out with dente, but I only have one akai ryu right now.
By MichaelG
Ok I have a couple Dente that I just repotted. I'm going to see how well they all recover from the root shock since I cut a couple of the rhizomes.

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!