FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions and share knowledge about cameras and photographic technique

Moderator: Matt

By Adam
for time lapse, you have a choice of many cameras that will allow control out at least shutter activation through the usb cable. however, Canon has alternate instruction sets you can load from the sd card. This means you can have the non standard features on the camera without a computer plugged into it.

I don't think you need a video camera unless you have other things to use it for besides plant photography
By Adam
Most regular cameras take nice clips anyway.. You'll probably find that you lack the high quality in pictures when you go with the video camera.
By 95slvrZ28
roey benjamin marcus wrote:My digital camera supposedly takes high quality photos but all the photos go out blurry! I would need to be a robot for it to take a perfect picture and it still wouldn't be perfect.
What camera do you have? Can you post a link?

If you're getting blurry photos I can think of a couple of reasons.
First, you're taking photos in low light conditions and the shutter is open for too long to obtain a successful off hand photo. This can happen even if you're inside with lights on and it seems light to you. Remember, your eyes perceive light in a much more advanced manner than a photo sensor on your camera. The solution: invest in a medium priced tripod.
Second, you may have some setting on the camera set such that it's not auto focusing (once again, this is heavily dependent on your camera and it's options).
Third, you could have something smeared on the lens (finger prints etc.). Get some lens paper (a cotton towel or screen wipes etc. are NOT acceptable) and clean the lens.
Fourth (and hopefully not the case) the optical quality of your lens isn't good enough to obtain good photos at full resolution. This can often (and I assume is often) the case with cheaper point and shoot cameras that advertise "12.1 Mega Pixels" and that sort of thing. The fact of the matter is you can only get a picture as good as the optics allow since the actual sensor comes second. If you think this is the case, a new camera may be your best solution.
Hope that gives you a few things to try, happy photographing!
By 95slvrZ28
Once again, movement will be solved by a tripod.

Also, feel good that you have more than one atom moving, if you didn't your camera would turn into Bose-Einstein Condensate ;)

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!