FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By MrSpiderfire
Just last night I attempted my first ever TC. I Also used this protocol, and also ended up with very sad looking dead black leaves. Can someone please point me to or tell me the proper protocol for Dionaea? Yes sorry I'm a noob but I would really like to learn. Thank you for any help.
By Matt
MrSpiderfire wrote:Just last night I attempted my first ever TC. I Also used this protocol, and also ended up with very sad looking dead black leaves. Can someone please point me to or tell me the proper protocol for Dionaea? Yes sorry I'm a noob but I would really like to learn. Thank you for any help.
Congrats on your first TC attempt. Sounds like you're right on par with the rest of us if you got a bunch of dead, black leaves on your first try. I think most of us have been there.

For protocol, did you read the tissue culture basics article on the main site? I posted my protocol for tissue there:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/tissue-culture-basics.html

There's a ton of information in old posts in this forum as well. I'd recommend reading through them all.
By mfdes
Hey guys,
It's pretty common for people to inadvertently forget to write down a part of the protocol that seems totally natural for them.
That said, there is no excuse for misleading on purpose. And at the end of the day (especially with sites as good as this one), we work it out...

Many disinfestation protocols that don't work are because people assume the concentration of your accessible chemicals (bleach) is the same as theirs, and it often isn't. A good way to refine a protocol is to write down an experiment design on paper with a matrix of concentrations and exposure times, and use replicates. It's resource and time intensive once, and then you should have a result that tells you effective combinations to keep using for that species.

M

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!