FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By watnazn
It has worked me using sundew leaves. I just put them in a small container and put it on the windowsill and wait 6 weeks and they sprout. I wouldn't do the sugar thing.
By Matt
manzano167 wrote:what about VFT's i want to know about vft pure water pullings if it works only pure water or you have to add something
Pullings will strike in pure water (I've done it), but you're much better off starting them in sphagnum or even the regular soil mix you use for VFTs.
By Matt
manzano167 wrote:did you strike with only WATER not tap water but RO or distiled give me tips like do i need to keep humidity high?
Yes, I used distilled water when I did my experiment. If you treat your pullings the same as your plant, they will take. There's really not any reason to do much of anything special to them and certainly putting them in pure water is nothing more than novel, and it certainly won't increase your chances to get a strike. It helps to put them in sphagnum, but pure water isn't necessary at all.

If you want to keep the humidity high, use a ziplock bag or a plastic container with a lid that you can close. Pullings seem to strike well even with ambient humidity if you use sphagnum.
By manzano167
i have 2 pullings in baggy under the florescent light its a 18 watt 2 inches away theres a paper wet inside baggy and the pulling is at the top of paper not covered just covered by the ziplock and i blew a little inside for little space ( the ziplock was squishing the pulling not hard but just incase) is there anything else to do or that will do the trick to strickk aso i have an other 2 pullings in pure water in this glass cup covered on top to keep humidity high and its also on the side of the light is this ok?
By Matt
manzano167 wrote:i have 2 pullings in baggy under the florescent light its a 18 watt 2 inches away theres a paper wet inside baggy and the pulling is at the top of paper not covered just covered by the ziplock and i blew a little inside for little space ( the ziplock was squishing the pulling not hard but just incase) is there anything else to do or that will do the trick to strickk aso i have an other 2 pullings in pure water in this glass cup covered on top to keep humidity high and its also on the side of the light is this ok?
That sounds fine. Basically just keep the pulling moist, give it good light and it should strike.
manzano167 wrote:english please LOL :lol:
I don't see any foreign languages in this thread ;)
By moof
I used once distilled water with some IAA (Indole-3-acetic acid). The effects were amazing, lots of young plants.
By Adam
Interesting, I'd like to hear more on the IAA method... what concentration?
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!