FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Lawndude84
Thought I'd share some pictures of my new Cephalotus Follicularis and other plants I got.

Ceph

U.Bisquamata, if you look close you can see some D.Nitidula x Pulchella in there as well :)

D.Deilsiana
By Veronis
That's awesome man. Good coloration on the cephs.

Are you going to repot the utrics into a larger pot at some point, or are you trying to keep them at bay?

You know...one of these days you and I really need to go have a few beers.
By Lawndude84
agreed! Yeah I probably will repot them but I have no idea how to, if that makes sense :? . There is so many little plantlets in that pot I wouldn't know where to start.
By ReefPlant
Nicely done! Looking good too!!! That aquarium background looks familiar :)
Hope they grow like crazy for you!
By CanadianCephalotus
Lawndude84 wrote:agreed! Yeah I probably will repot them but I have no idea how to, if that makes sense :? . There is so many little plantlets in that pot I wouldn't know where to start.
Well, unless you wanted to leave the plants the way they are just incase, you could get a larger/wider pot, fill it with the species preffered soil media and literally take the contents of the pot and stick it in the middle of the new one. This lets the plants spread naturally if you don't want to separate them yourself. Your call, just and idea I thought I'd share :).

Dayyan
By Lawndude84
CanadianCephalotus wrote:
Lawndude84 wrote:agreed! Yeah I probably will repot them but I have no idea how to, if that makes sense :? . There is so many little plantlets in that pot I wouldn't know where to start.
Well, unless you wanted to leave the plants the way they are just incase, you could get a larger/wider pot, fill it with the species preffered soil media and literally take the contents of the pot and stick it in the middle of the new one. This lets the plants spread naturally if you don't want to separate them yourself. Your call, just and idea I thought I'd share :).

Dayyan
I like that idea, I'm kinda hoping over time they just spread naturally throughout the other pots as well. Take care of those fungus gnat larvae ;)
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

I have only grown the humptydew type of D. burmann[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!